ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Qualified reanult tech ?

Hiya everyone again. Can you tell me if a renault qualified technition can only work on my car, i.e. sump gasket repair, leading to gear linkage etc and new dash fitting. My car is a 172.
Or can any mechanic work on it? Im sure i read that only a 172/182 renault sport techy/mechanic can work on these cars.
Thanks again in advance, Chris.

Nope, aslong as they know what they're doing wioth the cars your fine, just dont let any monkey work on it. They're easy enough to work on tbh, not much different from the valvers that i learnt on, so i do all my work myself.

Renault clio 1.6 16v mk2
depends if the car is still under warranty, some warranties specify authorised renault only, if it aint then your fine, jus remeber jus b coz some one;s got overalls on don make em a good mechanic!!!!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Wouldnt go anyware near renault if you want a good mechanic, thay might give it an absolute shagging round the block like they did with mine, driving the thing like they had stole her, small independnt agrage is what you need, someone who cares about the reputation of the garage.

clio v6
GavFre said:
Wouldnt go anyware near renault if you want a good mechanic, thay might give it an absolute shagging round the block like they did with mine, driving the thing like they had stole her, small independnt agrage is what you need, someone who cares about the reputation of the garage.
well said..... www.carlton-exmouth.com

GavFre said:

not all dealers are like that mate. its the same with any trade , some are decent and respectful , others are not and give a bad name to the rest . there are some very helpful dealers and renault mechanics out there.
also some of there technicians/mechanics are very good at there job