ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

question

Nissan 370Z
as you all know im getting my new car in a few weeks and want to give it a really good clean, rims brakes, clay it and all the rest, can you suggest some products to use please for rinsing, shampooing, claying, protecting polishing and waxing and if i should use an automatic polisher.

thanks

RS Clio 200
rinsing - water!!!
shampooing - Poorboys SSS
Claying - Clearkote claybar with PB spray & wipe
Polishing - SSR2 followed by Clearkote Red Mouse (2 coats)
Sealing - Duragloss sealent
Waxing - Megs 16

thats what i do anyway

106 GTi
Depending on the cars paint condition will govern if it needs a machine polish, swirl marks and scratches are a real pain if not impossible to remove by hand.

Wash - Sonax Gloss Shampoo
Dry - Sonus Drying Towel
Clay - Meguiars Quik Clay
Machine Polish - Menzerna Final Finish, Menzerna Intensive Polish if required.
Paint Cleaner/Prep - Autogylm Super Resin
Sealant - Jeffs Werksatt Acyrlic Jett
Wax - Depending on colour / time of year - Megiuars 16, rest of the year most colours P21s, on Black Pinnacle Souveran of CG 50/50
Wheel Cleaner/Sealant - Meguiars APC and Poorboys Wheel Sealant

Arctic Blue FF 182
If you have swirl marks, and you don't have a machine polisher and you find that using AG super resin doesn't remove them much, try megs scratch-x, bit more aggresive.

James

Chocolate Bar™
could do with a pc to be honest, when i owned it it had lots of swirls despite polishing it to high heaven. Gte in touch with al and ask him how much he'd do it for (hes up north iirc)

106 GTi
SRP is to mild to remove anything major to be honest. Scratch X will work to a certain extent but will take a hell of a lot of elbow grease and never quite reach the finish a good machine polish will do.

could do with a pc to be honest, when i owned it it had lots of swirls despite polishing it to high heaven. Gte in touch with al and ask him how much he'd do it for (hes up north iirc)

am i missing summat or has your car finally been sold by clio_sport in one piece??

jamie

Chocolate Bar™
lmao, well hes taken off a load of bits and sold it for 700 quid more, so yeah he has, but has ripped someone off in the process, unless of course hes seen sense and lowered his price which i doubt ;)