ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question

172 cup
Does the engine size of a car make a difference on how much fuel you use - I just need clarification on this cos I know it does make a difference but my friend thinks differently, just need to make sure I am right.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
A 1.0 litre car or 1.2 will use a bit more fuel than a 1.4 because the engine has to work hard to get there

Some peoples 1.2's dont ge much more mpg than a 172/182

172 cup
Well Mine is a 1.2 and a friend has a 1.0 we drove to Manchester and back at the weekend and he said he only used 15 quid petrol and I used closer to 25 - so my mate who was in the car with me who went halves with me starts questioning me on how much petrol I used

172 cup
Well I was doing a ton at one point - didnt even realise but after that I stuck to the limit - I think my mate would have done too as he was done for speeding recently which scared him so doubt he will speed again?????

M2 Competition
Just keep the revs as low as possible through the gears and you'll save fuel. Problem is with it being a 1.2 you need to rev it a bit to get it going at a decent pace.