ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

question?

mk2 slow. . .
going to give my car a good clean tommorow, going to do a good wash, then 2x srp, and then 2x egp. Should i wax it if so at what stage? and what would be the benefits of waxing it?

cheers
andy

mk2 slow. . .
probabl some turtlewax stuff, or should i use some meg nxt wax spray stuff i think it is? its in a spray bottle, bit like the quick detailer, as i have some of that aswell i may sue at end for extra shine? good or bad idea? as im a complete noob when it comes to this sort of stuff!

106 GTi
Unless you have a decent cleaner free Carnauba wax I would not bother topping it the EGP, none of the products you list above will add anything much after the EGP.

mk2 slow. . .
o right! i live in primrose hill, about 30secs from there. can't believe ive only seen you the once!, and will definatly give you a text sometime to sort the tuition on the claying out :D (will give it a nice bath before i come over)

you'll be so shocked how easy it really is and wont understand why you hadn't tried it before .....enjoy the smootheness ....lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
This order

Wash
Clay (whilst still wet is fine)
Wash again
Dry
SRP (only once)
EGP (twice)

Stand back and admire. Oh dont forget glass,and to dress wheel arches, tyres and plastic trims too

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Meh, depends. The EPG doesnt really need it on Albi Blue imo. I might, if the cars lucky, top off with some Collinites, but EPG is durable for a few months imo. I really rate it :) The Collinites does nothing for the looks imo.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I think collinite finishes it off nicely,and lasts a good while,its great on white but 4best lusture on mine its got to be dodo juice, diomond white. Will be trying supernatural too v soon!

106 GTi
Meh, depends. The EPG doesnt really need it on Albi Blue imo. I might, if the cars lucky, top off with some Collinites, but EPG is durable for a few months imo. I really rate it :) The Collinites does nothing for the looks imo.

Gets some R222/P21s over the EGP on Blue - may be not that durable but looks awesome

I think collinite finishes it off nicely,and lasts a good while,its great on white but 4best lusture on mine its got to be dodo juice, diomond white. Will be trying supernatural too v soon!

Save your money and get some Vics Concours, better looking results for a lot less cash

This order

Wash
Clay (whilst still wet is fine)
Wash again
Dry
SRP (only once)
EGP (twice)

Stand back and admire. Oh dont forget glass,and to dress wheel arches, tyres and plastic trims too

Depending on the condition of the paint 2 hits of SRP can clean it up better. On good shape paint one is all that is needed.

mk2 slow. . .
so rich ive heard your one of the peeps to ask, what would you say would be the best way to get some lovely clean painwork and an awsome shine to it would be?

wash
clay
wash
srp x 1
egp x 2
then some form of wax? if so whats the best? as im a complete noob when it comes to this sort of stuff.

106 GTi
What colour car ? What kind of condition is the paintwork in ?

Main amount of shine comes from the polishing stage, and for that you really need a machine polish, as by hand you wont get the same levels as gloss.

mk2 slow. . .
may have to pester my brother to borrow his machine polisher then. its a dark green/black (nordic green), paint is in fairly good shape. think ill spend a whole day with him usign the polisher and see what can do, but after dawn teaches me the arts of claying! :)

106 GTi
On a dark colour like that I would look into Victoria Concours Wax, reasonably priced (17 quid ish for the smaller tub) and gives results much better than anything else in it's price range and lots of others which cost lot's more. Better than any of the Dodo offerings and comes close to some of the Swissvax's in appearance.