ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Bootcamp Question

MK2 Clio
Hi all, I know this may not be the best forum in the world for Apple help but you guys seem to be quite techhy, so Does anyone know how to decrease the loading time for Winodws 7 on bootcamp?
Mainly the black screen before the windows logo has a flashing _ in the top left and seems to take a good 10 seconds (no biggy but I am a big tech geek so want to save seconds all the time lol)

Thanks in advance

MK2 Clio
Nope, if you are that bothered use VMware.

Yeah but I only got a 2GB Macbook unibody so found it to be a tad slow, also being a Microsoft Tech Rep I need the full features sometimes. I just wish I knew what it was bloody called lol, its not the booting its not it loading its like the Windows Pre Load lol Thanks anyway

MK2 Clio
Very Sarcastic comment is it not? It is to do with the face Apple don't use BIOS and requires more loading time and somewhere there is a feature to decrease the pre load wait to boot time but am unable to find this now... had it a long time ago.
And there is a team of Tech Reps which have utilised W7 for bootcamp but we are unable to locate this feature as it is to do with Apple not Microsoft

Windows 7 seems to boot up fairly quickly on my LAPTOP.

Not slow enough for me to worry about. I only use it for business anyway, and even then it's only rarely to run proprietary software.