ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick detailer

106 GTi
It is meant to remove light dust from your paint when it does not need a wash. I reality it does not replace a wash especially on Black. Is good to restore gloss to the paint finish after a wash in between waxing and remove polish residue from panels etc during the polishing stages.

Favees on my own car are Pinnacle Crystal Mist or Sonus Carnuba Spritz over wax finishes or at a show.

Chemical Guys Synthetic Detailers or Clearkote Quikshine on all finishes after washing.

Meguiars Last Touch as a cheap bulk one for everyday use, between polishing stages etc.

106 GTi
Two ways of using after washing.

While the car is wet, spray it on a panel and wipe off as you dry.

If you have dried the car or are just removing light dust from a dry car. Spray some on a panel, wipe off with a soft plush microfiber.

182 CLIO SPORT
Two ways of using after washing.

While the car is wet, spray it on a panel and wipe off as you dry.

If you have dried the car or are just removing light dust from a dry car. Spray some on a panel, wipe off with a soft plush microfiber.

Spot on rich thanks for that.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i use chem guys synth detailer and top stuff i use as a drying aisd and inbetween stages superb,

M

mini-valver

Good tip, will try it next time do it. Need to try the overspray bar whn the weather gets a little better

Mk1 1.2 & Mk1 172
I wash the car using triple wax foaming wash.
Then dry it.
Then use T-cut on whole car to get rid of any water marks, or slight scrapes.
Then buff it.
Then I use Meguiars detailer and quik clay to remove dust and residue.
Then buff it.
Then I use Meguiars Tech Wax.
Then buff it.

Not too bad on the Clio. Takes forever and a day on the BMW. But worth it for the magnificent shine at the end of the day.

Tesla MP3 2021
what detailers can be used with clay.
i have used soap and water but it never seems to work right for me :(

106 GTi
How much soap and water where you using?

2 or 3 capfulls in a 500ml spray bottle seems to work better than QD for me.

If you want a QD to us with clay gets something like Meguiars Last Touch which you can water down 50/50 with water. Most of the traders sell it, and it is good value at 15-20 quid for a US gallon.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
dunno about that as rich says u cant go wrong with last touch or synth detailer

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
ive used both and they r good stuff, synth detailer supposed to be antistatic so i sue that but i havent noticed any diff, both can be diluted but last touch is a shade cheaper

106 GTi
The CG's Anti Static nature works to some extent. My car was alot more dust free going to the FCS last year with it as the last coat than it was on the way back just wearing a fresh coat of carnuba wax.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
interesting i never tried comparing it to anything, but wax is my lsp most of the time and never had a problem,

106 GTi
http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=68&products_id=51

anyone else used that? seems quite good! think i might buy some if someone else likes it!

Lovely bubblegum smell and works good too, after all its made by the chemical guys

Reading the description it sounds very much like the CG Pro Detailer + Carnauba 32oz, which can be purchased in a bigger size for a couple of extra pounds.

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/prodet.htm

Works ok and gives a good finish, but I do find it a little streaky at times on Black.