ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Help Needed Cant Find The Dipstick

Renault Clio 1.4
I Have A 1.4 16v 02 clio, but i cant find the dipstick to check the oil

As when im driving the stop light come's on with the watering can symbol what this mean?

Thanks

Clio II and Grand Modus
front of engine, yellow cover and looks like a fillarcap. Sure it´s not the oil can?? refill some 5W-30

Renault Clio 1.4
What do i need to do, ive put oil in and the stop light and oil light is still falshing on and of?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nice to see someone who does their weekly checks. ;)

Could be coolant? Screen wash fluid?

BMW M135i
What do i need to do, ive put oil in and the stop light and oil light is still falshing on and of?

Check the dipstick and see how much oil is in it! Then put more in probably, then hope you haven't fucked the engine.

Mazda MX5 1.8
dipstick is right down at the front of the engine
its a bit of a pain to get to if you have fat arms lol

its a little yellow thing with a hoop in the end

cant find it in my haynes manual about the warning light. It will tell u in the handbook thing that came with the car what the light means

Last edited:
  BMW F31
^^^ as chris said, its sometimes a bit difficult to see but its just below the fuel rail guard at the front of the engine. if you shine a torch down there its almost central to the block and is bright yellow.

get it checked asap!!

Its a low pressure warning light. a mate who had a 206 had f**k all oil in it and this still didnt come on so it must need to be quite bad to come on.