ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick questions about the Clio Mk4...?

Renault Clio Mk2
Hi,

Brand new member, looking at buying a Clio Mk4 1.5 DCi MediaNav. Doing as much research as I can, but can't nail down solid answers to a few questions. Any help would be appreciated :)

1) This model is commonly listed as having a "Start/Stop" under exterior features. I want this to be the feature that turns the engine off when the car stops, but I have also seen the starter button being described as "Start/Stop". So does it have feature?

2) May seem an easy one, but what does the boot button on the key fob do? Just unlock it, or open it hands-free?

3) Does this model need the key fob to be inserted, or will it detect it in the cabin?

4) Can I access traffic information through the MediaNav?

Thanks

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
My other half has just bought a MK4 1.5dci MediaNav.

1. The start stop turns the car off and on when stationary.

2. Just unlocks the boot. It's not hands free.

3. Key is detected in the cabin, doesn't need to be in the holder on the lower dash.

4. Not sure on that one.

Renault Clio Mk2
Thanks very much for your reply. I was optimistic for the boot button, but with all of the other gadgets, I can live without that one. Quite pleased about the other answers though. I would have still been looking to get one, but this just sweetens the deal. Cheers :D

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
4, the satnav is acceptable although using Google maps on a phone is far far better. It doesn't do traffic , atleast my 14 plate doesn't.

It's a great car, I get 90mpg , free tax . It has an eco button that means the throttle response is reduced and the car feathers the throttle .

Renault Clio Mk2
4, the satnav is acceptable although using Google maps on a phone is far far better. It doesn't do traffic , atleast my 14 plate doesn't.

It's a great car, I get 90mpg , free tax . It has an eco button that means the throttle response is reduced and the car feathers the throttle .
Thanks very much for your reply. Ah, slightly disappointing to be honest. This isn't the first time I've heard the MediaNav knocked. I'm now wondering if I should reconsider specifically searching for one with that system, but I guess that will depend on the relative prices with/without. Cheers

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
buy a late 2015 or newer for MediaNav Evolution its night and day better (evolution can be identified by the outside temperature reading on top right of the screen beside the clock) - it doesn't do traffic info either but the nav is better, the system is much more responsive and sound quality is night and day better.

R link however does do traffic info - but its rare to find in a non GT/RS car/

Shop about and opt for a Dynamique S over a Dynamique if i was you, bit nicer looking, folding mirrors, nicer interior.

the rest of the questions are answered above, key card can stay in your wallet, unlock button just unlocks the boot, odd feature since the card can stay hidden in your wallet so its easier to just unlock it with the button on the boot lol. start/stop cuts out the engine when stationary.

Renault Clio Mk2
buy a late 2015 or newer for MediaNav Evolution its night and day better (evolution can be identified by the outside temperature reading on top right of the screen beside the clock) - it doesn't do traffic info either but the nav is better, the system is much more responsive and sound quality is night and day better.

R link however does do traffic info - but its rare to find in a non GT/RS car/

Shop about and opt for a Dynamique S over a Dynamique if i was you, bit nicer looking, folding mirrors, nicer interior.

the rest of the questions are answered above, key card can stay in your wallet, unlock button just unlocks the boot, odd feature since the card can stay hidden in your wallet so its easier to just unlock it with the button on the boot lol. start/stop cuts out the engine when stationary.
Hi. Thanks for your help, and apologies for the late reply. I've only been able to find the updated Nav on 2017 and 18 cars, which may be a bit out of my price range. But yes, I'm looking now at the Dynamique S, it's very sleek :) Cheers