ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quickie Excel question

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm in the process of uploading the mobile phones onto our phone switch so it displays a name on the incoming calls, rather than just a mobile number.

I've got a full list of names and numbers in an Excel 2003 spreadsheet, but I'd like to add the word 'Mobile' at the end of everyone's name e.g 'Darren Smith Mobile' 'Joe Bloggs Mobile', etc.

Can anyone tell me how to do it en masse, or do I have to manually add the word 'Mobile' over 150 times! :)

I've looked at Find & Replace, but I'm not actually replacing anything....

Cheers,
D.

Trophy #267
can only think a macro. record edit cell, return, go to next cell end record. then press the button for the macro 150 times which does all the editing

255 V6 Black Gold
naw

just go to google

download "asap utilities"

install it.

it adds asap to your tool bar at top

add a colum next to your name and fill it with "mobile" all the way down

select both columns and then go to asap, columns, merge column data.

you can then select how many spaces to put between the words once merged

asap is free as well ;)

R26
naw

just go to google

download "asap utilities"

install it.

it adds asap to your tool bar at top

add a colum next to your name and fill it with "mobile" all the way down

select both columns and then go to asap, columns, merge column data.

you can then select how many spaces to put between the words once merged

asap is free as well ;)

Nice, never heard of that before :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the comments guys!

I remembered the CONCATENATE function as soon as jacko mentioned it. Tried it and it worked - spot on.

I'll check that ASAP Utils out though, Mick - sounds useful.

Cheers!

D.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Once you've used the CONCATENATE function, make sure you copy and 'paste special' the results as 'values'...or any subsequent copy or use will just be copying or using the formula, not the text result you're after.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Once you've used the CONCATENATE function, make sure you copy and 'paste special' the results as 'values'...or any subsequent copy or use will just be copying or using the formula, not the text result you're after.

Lol - yep! Tried the Paste function on it's own and got bollox on screen. Then tried it with Values only.... :cool:

Just downloading those ASAP Utilities now - may as well have a butchers at them...

D.