ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

QuickPAR + NewsBin

Golf GTD
Ok, so ive got NewsBin pro, ive downloaded something, and rarpart107 is missing blocks accoring to QuickPar. Now ive set it to "Autorepair" but it does f**k all. its starting to get on my tits to be honest.

how do i get it to fix this corrupt part, as i double clicking the par file just opens up quick par.

any ideas, cheers

P

pete.grant

I've tried to repair files with QuickPar in the past and never had any luck either. It's especially annoying if you have just downloaded a 2Gb file!

172 Cup
If any of the rar's are damaged and/or missing then you need to download the par2 files at the end of the article. Most news readers pause these by default so they don't download unless needed.

pars.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio F1 R27
Erm I'm still not sure about this...I've got Newsbin and when I download an incomplete file Quickpar just seems to check the file not actually fix anything!

Can someone explain what I need to do when Quickpar shows parts are corrupt or missing. Do I need to search for those .rar files again?

Thanks for your help.

Golf GTD
Stevo,

What I have had to do is go into the "Scratch" tab, and download one of the files that was missing. for instance, I was missing blocks in rar107 so had to download the scratch file 100+21.par because im guessing that particular file fixes rars 100 to 121.

Then re-load quickpar and it should repair it automatically.

Clio F1 R27
Stevo,

What I have had to do is go into the "Scratch" tab, and download one of the files that was missing. for instance, I was missing blocks in rar107 so had to download the scratch file 100+21.par because im guessing that particular file fixes rars 100 to 121.

Then re-load quickpar and it should repair it automatically.

Thanks that makes sense I assume it downloads to the same directory and then you run quickpar which picks up the par file and does what it needs to do :0)

I'll give it a try when I get another problem...