ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quietest exhaust for 182?

Hsustyler

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Looking to get back into Rs Clio ownership but don't want the drone of a loud exhaust. What's the quietest options available for the 182?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Seconded, very happy with my resonated Milltek, it's a little raspy, but not droney at all and won't piss off your neighbours too much.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looking to get back into Rs Clio ownership but don't want the drone of a loud exhaust. What's the quietest options available for the 182?
To be fair - the OEM one in my mind had the aggressive engine note of a Nissan LEAF doing a drive-by.

If you can cope with the pea-shooter tailpipes, accept the crazy weight of the damn thing, know that it will rust and hold water in time at all - maybe this is the backbox for you. Oh, and assuming you can even find one?!

Hated mine. Was so glad when it started to disintegrate after circa 60k miles and I went with a KTR/Janspeed setup. Still happy with it to this day.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
My old ktec janspeed system was good. it was the 2.25" version rather than the normal 2.5" most aftermarket systems are. It didn't drone even with a decat and centre resonator removed. It was quite loud and raspy in that setup though, which i really liked. I think with a standard Cat and centre resonator it was one of the quieter systems.

Scorpion do a twin rear box system called the RS192, which with a centre resonator is suppose to be one of the quietest systems, but from experience the earlier single rear box scorpion did drone even with the centre resonator, so I'm not sure how good that would be.

From what's available these days, if buying new, I'd probably pay a little extra and get the Pure Motorsport system.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I have the 192 scorpion on with 2 boxes, give a little burble at idle and then dulls down as you drive. Motorway it’s noticeable, but the clios are a little Rev happy at motorway speeds.

i have no real issues with the scorpion apart from the classic sagging at the cat joint, which I did buy the stuff to sort but misplaced. Fit is decent and no quality issues after probably 10 years maybe.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
831AD9DC-7477-474C-AD09-DEE41724E6AF.jpeg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a resonated Milltek with the original cat on my previous Clio and that was comfortably quiet. A lot quieter than my current resonated pms/sports cat setup.

tucker220

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Trophy
I have a resonated milltek. Certainly not as loud as the ktr exhaust it had on the trophy when I bought it but a fair bit louder than the standard exhaust I put on it until it disintegrated. I like the sound and it is reasonable but was surprised how loud it was compared to comments on here/elsewhere

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Miltek wasn't bad but on par with rs192, quietest is the janspeed,I moved to that half a decade ago after trying them all on my daily and never went back.

It is very very quiet though, so if you want to have at least some exhaust note you'll be disappointed. For a weekend car I'd go miltek or rs192

Hsustyler

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Miltek wasn't bad but on par with rs192, quietest is the janspeed,I moved to that half a decade ago after trying them all on my daily and never went back.

It is very very quiet though, so if you want to have at least some exhaust note you'll be disappointed. For a weekend car I'd go miltek or rs192
You mean the 2.25 inch system that ktec /janspeed did? Had it on an old 182 and it was sporty but never droney. They don't make them anymore any used ones dont come up for sale much.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
No idea tbh mine is old, was old when I bought it so would have to measure to confirm what diameter. It's fully janspeed branded, nothing on it pertaining to KTEC

Clio 172
I am looking for mega quiet exhaust for my 182. Can't get Janspeed. Can get RS192 or milltek. Anything else really quiet. Looked on GSF and do A2A at below £200. I assume similar to original renault? Any other ideas? trying not to upset neighbours!

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
What about getting one made up with the most amount/largest silencers in? I got a twin pipe catback made for my Lexus for £400, and it would be literally half the pipework.

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Are these Milltek's common on the used market or am I best off spending like £600 on one? That's half the value of the car! :D

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I bought my resonated milltek on sale for about £460 a couple of years ago if memory serves. Certainly louder than the standard exhaust that came off, but not exactly antisocial. With the standard exhaust the car was all engine noise, now with the milltek it’s marginally louder overall, but it’s decent exhaust noise not just engine racket.