ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R for empty on petrol gauge

C4 Grand Picasso

Dont know if this has been asked before.

Petrol gauge:

Number 1 for full - I understand.

R for empty - confused.
[/QUOTE]
Does anyone know what the R stands for?

Quote: Originally posted by RTvalver on 26 March 2004

its reserve. the needle with go below R, at least it did on the old clios, using up your reserve petrol.
correct, you shouldnt run the car with that low an amount of fuel anyway!

Lee

BMW M2C

R stands for rain, as thats what its bound to be doing as you walk to the nearest petrol station:p

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

its reserve. the needle with go below R, at least it did on the old clios, using up your reserve petrol.
there is a smaller reserve tank on valvers..When you reach empty it switches on a electric fuel pump which transfers petrol out of the reserve tank into the main tank.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 27 March 2004

shouldnt matter. The fuel pump sucks out the fuel from the bottem of the tank wether its full or empty.

C4 Grand Picasso

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 27 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 27 March 2004

shouldnt matter. The fuel pump sucks out the fuel from the bottem of the tank wether its full or empty.
Started to get a bit worried then, my car is always low on fuel, glad to here that it isnt doing it any damage.

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 27 March 2004

there is a smaller reserve tank on valvers..When you reach empty it switches on a electric fuel pump which transfers petrol out of the reserve tank into the main tank.
not just on valvers jay surely? what about 1.4/1.8/RSi etc. i would of thought it was a common design, maybe not all the same size etc but still a reserve tank.

Stanced Honda S2000

the petrol light comes on with 47 miles to go on my clio, the trip thingy so id say reserve.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I did 40miles on empty the other weekend...Couldnt find a fuel station! In the the middle of f*cking nowhere. changing at 2k revs...Lol.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

i drove my 04 clio for 45miles on the red last nite! cudnt believe it- but i was driving really slowly!

-phil-

Tappd'd RS

lol!

Its all very fuctional on the CTR - 1 for full and 0 for empty.

How very binary of them!

R stands for "Read into it what u want, what really matters is that the needle is in a red section and they didnt choose that colour cos it looked pretty, so write this down and stick it on your sun visor so u can read it next time your gauge gets to R"

umm..... did u get all that?