ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R26.r's lap around the ring

MKIII 138
thats where the mic's are positioned mate, thats not what it will sound like inside the car

it is actually, with the backseats down on a standard 225meg or R26 it sounds exactly like that !

try folding the seats down it makes a huge difference to the sound

Cupra
it is actually, with the backseats down on a standard 225meg or R26 it sounds exactly like that !

try folding the seats down it makes a huge difference to the sound

only if you remove the silencer surely? There are a couple of people over on MS whose cars sound the same but I can't say that mine has ever sounded like a diesel tractor on steroids when I have had the seats down.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Had to turn it off after 1 min , couldn't stand listening to that exhaust noise anymore :eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
For 23k I would expect it to be quick.. good read here:

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/224859/focus_rs_mgane_r26r.html

The Focus is going to have to be pretty damn quick to beat the megane!
From Pheads:
An early development mule of the new Ford Focus RS with between 250-260bhp has been lapping the Nurburgring in 8min 27seconds, PistonHeads has learnt. The car has around 45bhp less than the production version and was driven by a Bentley test driver on a very hot day. A source has told us that when the full fat version arrives with 295bhp, and with a racing driver at the wheel, we should expect a lap time of 8min 15sec or maybe less. We have also learnt that whereas Ford originally announced the RS will have 302lb ft when it is launched it will in fact have 324lb ft.
Meanwhile Renault’s new super-Megane, the R26R, has apparently been unofficially clocked around the ‘Ring at 8min 12sec but that was on Toyo Cup tyres. The RS is understood to have been riding on totally standard Continentals when it did its time, and now Ford is seriously thinking about offering Cup tyres as a brochure option for the car.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
That's a pretty quick lap on standard tyres!! You reckon it will match or beat the Meggy?
Have to wait and see, but IMO, if it gets close or matches the Meg, thats a hell of an achievment given the spec (4seats, fully equipped etc). It looks nicer than the Meg though.