ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Racing blue-Which wax shouljd I buy for it?

clio 172 cup
Ive seen all these waxes saying darker/lighter colours... etc Can anyone reccommend me a wax for a lovely finish on the rb?!

Thank you!

Megane R26
What's your budget?

I used Zymol Glasur here on top of Lime Prime and it looked SUPERB:

6492_230480640060_814635060_8230689.jpg

Onyx or Nattys for me. Although to be fair, Dodo Blue Velvet came up well, but doesn't last long at all;

IMG_6508.gif

IMG_6491.gif

How much do we, or how much have we? Big difference of an order or five years worth of orders :S lol!

In that case, either Swissvax Onyx or Dodo Super Natural (only because Russ will get arsey about me not liking Dodo products ;)).

Save the rest for some decent wash/dry tools :)

Ali

V6, Jeep SRT, GTS
Racing blue, like Lunar and White don't reap the benefits of a top end wax. Anything would suffice.

Carbon is OK, not a massive fan as seem to remember it being harder to use than Onyx and not lasting as long. But you're talking 12-18month since last use.

Raceglaze is not a product I have used fella. Worth asking Kev on that front or DW.

Glanza V
i use blue velvet on my rb 197 and im realy impressed with it altho it is my first wax! and red mist to finish it off. am wanting to try a new wax tho sorry to spam but any gud upgrades from blue vevet JD?

As above lad, Onyx is a good upgrade. About 40 quid from Swissvax. Last well, great looks. My weapon of choice on most of my client's cars/my own.

Glanza V
ah thanks mite sell the dodo juice and give that a bosh! my blue velvet is almost new so myt as well! any tips as what is best to be used with it ok with red mist etc what polishes?

Onyx is immense! I wouldn't buy into the whole different coloured waxes TBH. I tried a few of them and couldn't tell the difference

Better than yours. C*nt.
Another vote for Onyx. Used to use it on my old Black 182 and it looked like a big puddle afterwards. Truly stunning reflections.

Smells nice too!

Titanium 182
I used power boys Blue Natty paste wax along with some supernatural works a treat.

Same colour as racing blue is the Nattty paste stuff.

Poor boys. Leeroy, you know that they basically do the same thing? Just that Natty's lasts a shorted time than the Super Natural?

If you are using both together you are basically wasting a pot of Nattys. . .

Titanium 182
I mean I have both of them lol

As well as 3 different lots of Dodo wax

Prefer the Natty but will give the super natural ago.

Also fancy some Zymol Carbon too

Megane R26
For the record... ;)

I LOVE Onyx, but it never lasts amazingly well, and I wouldn't recommend Super Natural on RB anyway.

I'd go Swissvax Saphir or Zymol Glasur :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
RB is a flat colour. Iv found no matter what wax you use it looks the same. Hence why i stick to collonite 476... I'm a pikey yes BUT it does the job very well... Not very durable though IMO but can't complain for the price.
50bafd7e.jpg

Eh? 476 is one of the most durable I have found! Usually use it on my wheels inside as it lasts, even against the heat!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Aye, Boosh you're doing it wrong! 476 is epic for durability. TBH the finish isn't half bad either, just there's better.