ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RADAR DETECTORS ETC

WHATS THE GENERAL OPINION ON WHATS BEST AND WHATS sh*t. LOOKING AT NEW BEL 550, WELL REVIEWED RECENTLY.

JUST GOT 3 POINTS ON THE M20 AND NEARLY ANOTHER 3 ON THE A12, BLOODY COPS ON BRIDGES, WISH THEY WOULD JUST BLOODY JUMP.....

Bumder With A Buffer

I got done (well i know i was speeding just waiting for the ticket!!) the other day by a mobile police van sitting on top of a flyover!

Apparently by LAW they HAVE to put up a sign, cleary visible informing u ur in a police speed check zone and they are not allowed to be stashed up sumware, but have to be clearly visible???

Then again i did find this on the internet so god knows if its true!

Bel550 is great - buy it and you wont be disappointed!

No GPS so it wont pick up the non-radar truvelos and the SPECS average-speed cameras, but if youre in/near essex (which Im guessing you might be, being done on the A12!) then its mostly radar-based Gatsos and mobile cameras.

Where abouts did you get done on the A12 by the way?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

best gps unit by far is the origin b2, has all the feature u could want and is upgradeable with new laser heads etc.

get it u wont be disapointed.

before the main cameras along the roadworks were uncovered just the cones were out plus 40 signs. towards colchester. b******s where on a bridge, i think i way lucky as this was 3 wks ago, so they may have been covering the other carriageway

I think it has to be the origin b2 all the way.... although I think the radar detection on this unit is an add on module.I was thinking about getiing one in the next month or so.... costco are doing them cheap...

Skoda Fabia vRS

well accordin to the lads on here i dont think it is..........but one of the road angels main advantages is its simplicity..........i had a Snooper S6-NEO before my Road Angel and it gave me a lot more info...........basically though......useless info, didnt need any of it......

not sure what the screen is like on the B2 either but on the R/A its very clear and bright...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

yeah its like £199

got my "passport" this morning its like £50 quid off

Isnt it 14 days before you know if youve got done??

I was driving to Edinburgh a week friday ago and saw a copper on the next bridge i was coming up to.. Slowed down to 70 and sh*t my pants.. Got some research done, and apparantly, lasers have a range of up to 2 MILES!!!! So obviously was thinking of getting a radar detector/GPS unit.. Thing is though, yes the GPS units are superb for gatsos truvelos etc, and the simpler radar detectors are good for radar guns etc, but laser detector on both types of unit are sh*te.. It takes 0.3 seconds for the copper to get you with the lasers on tripods etc, from 1 mile away, and the laser width at 1 mile away is only 1 METRE.. Therefore if youve got the laser detector sesors in your windscreen, it may not even pick it up.. For those of you who are sensible enough to put the sensors behind your grill, then you have 0.3 seconds to slow down.. Basically it will only signal as your being hit.. Thats why laser units are now free with a lot of GPS units.. They only let you know when its too late..

The only deffence you have against mobile units are the laser diffusers that block the laser guns data for 5 seconds giving you 5 seconds to slow down... Get caught using one though and your up sh*t creek..

Hope this helps with your decision about whicj to get.. My message is just dont rely 100% on them, because they are only great for getting your big grey boxes and ok, theyre great for the average speed things and truvelos, but nothing is good against the mobile units.

I got a Morpheous Geodesy satellite one. It does ALL fixed cameras and I think they do one with a radar laser thing built in also. Its very good and I recommend it to ANYONE! It is however quite expensive!

Skoda Fabia vRS

cat.......

on the road angel its 12 months for free, then £99 for life or £49 for first year

its diff on em all though really

cheers brun mate,

i didnt realise that you have/had to pay for this i thought you just bought the thing and that was it !

its only because some one else was asking about it that i had to ask

thanks !:)