ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Raising Torsion Bar Problem?

Hi, I would like to raise my torsion bar a little to match my front. However when i last tried I pulled the bars out and the hubs didn't drop? Why? I think I did it right?

Also what do the dots mean on the splines? Anything important?

Thanks.

Just do one at a time, all you need lifting wise is a trolly jack.

You pull the bar out and sometimes you need to push down a little, if you are dropping it a long way you'll have to have both sides up, but for half an inch to an inch can do each side on its won, and don't forget to bounce up and down on the boot a little before comparing and meausring heights

Eh? I thought the hubs would drop down to the lowest point when the torsion bars were slid out??

If that's not the case how much force does it require?

Lunner what do you mean both sides up? My torsion bar is the type where you raise one hub and it does the other one, not the one where you do one hub at a time? I'm confused :/

And any idea what the markings on the torsion bars mean?

Thanks both of you for the help :)

Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
The marks on the torsion bars are to say whether its left or right end etc... got that from the trusty haynes ;)

When lunner says both sides up, he means that if ur rasing it 50mm or something, then you need to jack up both sides of the car, if ur going up about 10-20mm, u can do it by jacking up on side only (apparently)!

How long does it take to do this job cos i want to do it too?! Do u reckon that i could do it in a day on my own?

free bump!! :)

hey mate, I see what he means. How hard do you have to push the hubs down though? wouldn't go down on mine. I'll try again soon though.

It took me about 1-2 hours 1st time trying to get it even and I'm a total car newbie!

Can do a whole torsion bar in 20 mins, but this one o had lowered and so i had greased up the splines when i put the bars back in, so came out nie and easy.

With one side jacked up i had to put almost all my weight on the one side to drop it about 20mm, but usually stays more os less down there once its down

Looking for a ph-quick...
Im gonna do mine on sunday didnt realise how easy it was! had a quick go earlier make sure they came out ok... piece of piss! Ive got a closed torsion bar though, does this present a problem??

Amir

rn club med mk1 1.2
can any one tell me how to rasise/lowwer the torsion bar because i have got new shocks( old ones bent) and new lowring 35mm springs which i need to get fitted(any idear of how much this should cost) so i need to lower the back or should i get this done when im getting the front done
luke

clio 1.2
help! lol i took jacked it up took the wheel off for the torsion bar lowering thn all i seen was a cap so i tok it off and seen the end of the torsion bar (I THINK) lol is it? i have a mark 1 phase 3 clio RL 1.2. an how do i get it out? slide hammer? is it a 8mm or 10mm bolt i need for the hammer? plz plz plz help im doing it on saturday