ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RAlly bubls or high wattage bulbs H1

Mégane RS
Right before anyone has a go i dont drive around with my fog lights on ever, but i drive through a forest nearly every day and it can be very foggy so was wondering what is the highest wattage i can put in my fog lights mk2 ph1? thanks Vinny

Polo + Micra
i'd say don't go for a higher wattage just stick some osram silver stars in there

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
It can seem like a good idea to put high-wattage globes in lights, but if the light is physically small you can get overheating problems that cause distortion, damage or reflector discoloration. It is only a good idea to put high-wattage globes in physically big lights, and even then only if the wiring and socket are rated appropriately.

If there's any question fit higher efficiency globes. The ones that are the same wattage but run at higher temperatures so more of the output is light not heat. On the packaging they'll say 30% more light, or 50% more light. There is some question though whether the colour - yes they're a white, but they're a different white - will help or hinder you in fog. The problem with fog is that its white. You throw more light at it and it'll throw more back increasing the contrast between the fog and what you want to see that's behind it and visibility may get worse.

If you have an unlimited budget get gas discharge globes. They cost a fortune, but use use less power so they put out less heat, and the put out more heat.