ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rapid response fire brigade?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I saw this tonight, I was a little taken aback lol.

Car checked it when I got in then googled it and found pics, overkill?

null_zps3f3b201a.jpg

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
There's a little bit of a difference between a 2.5t petrol awd sports car and a 2.0 diesel business mobile though

Not much difference between a WRX and a petrol VRS tbh. Or the BMW's, Turbo'd Volvos etc that the use for the same job.

Simple mistake of thinking every Impreza is the fastest thing ever..;)

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Agree with other comments, don't see any difference between that Impreza and other cars used for the same job. TBH, they probably got a deal on that shape Impreza as no-ones bought one, ever.

Would be cool to see it on the road lol
But its probably what the ambulance do with a quick response so the subaru can get there first and see how big the fire is or something.

Don't understand why they didn't sell too well, the WRX version on it is stunning.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was more shocked that they're using a 2.5t awd petrol hot hatch tbh, I'd have thought there would be a stigma against such an inefficient car nowadays lol.

i think it's awesome myself

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
They use them to promote road safety at schools/colleges and galas etc

It gets the 17/18 year old lads attention and they can have a nosey round it and then the FS spread their message. Ie wear your seat belt and don't drive like a bell end on the roads

Subaru let them have a few across the country FOC iirc

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They use them to promote road safety at schools/colleges and galas etc

It gets the 17/18 year old lads attention and they can have a nosey round it and then the FS spread their message. Ie wear your seat belt and don't drive like a bell end on the roads

Subaru let them have a few across the country FOC iirc

They did similar with the police service near me a few years ago, gave them some wrx's to sticker up like police cars and take to car events like weston wheels etc.

Similar subject, I had to chuckle at Cheshire police's new fleet of panda cars. Having had 5 series tourings, X5s and a few new RangeRovers over the last few years, their new job lot of i30s tickled me!

Cup In bits
That cop cars are brilliant, the Lambo has the press car plate on it?

The Scoob could just be a fast response vehicle, 4wd is more reliable for getting to most situations and they arent slow.

We used to sell the fire service fast response 4x4 and 6x4 trucks that were unlimited and could get to about 80-90mph, it all came about after terrorist threats of the early 2000's.

null_zps7a541d9a.gif

While were on the subject, Aberdeens fire engines are pretty cool too IMO.

null_zps2688fbf0.gif