ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rapidshare Issues for UK

dk

911 GTS Cab
anyone having issues with rapidshare?

its been inaccessible for a few days now on uk networks, seems to be mainly BT.

People aren't sure whether its an accidental issue or on purpose.

I'm having issues and while i've now managed to get single links download, still can't get download managers to work.

pain in the ass.

Working ok here, but I don't use download managers. Didn't think you could with site like rs.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Yep I have been having issues with it aswell. None of my downloads will connect and if you click on link it says server issue. I'm on BT aswell.

182 RB FF
Yep I have been having issues with it aswell. None of my downloads will connect and if you click on link it says server issue. I'm on BT aswell.

Snap getting no downloads at all. I uploaded fine last nite though? Ffs I though it was just me having issues with it.

I too am on bt!

172 Cup
We've received several emails from customer's of the BT Total Broadband service complaining that the ISP has blocked them from accessing RapidShare, which is an online file hosting/download service (not P2P). Similar issues have occurred in the past, often due to cache conflicts or a restriction imposed by Rapidshare itself, thus we do not believe the problem to be intentional on BT's part.

Precise details are hard to come by, although we believe that the latest issue may in fact be related to a recent BT Home Hub (router) firmware update. Some of the reports indicate that, initially, the problem only affected computers that connected to the hub via Wi-Fi (wireless), although others suggest it has since spread to wired links too.

BT are believed to be aware of the issue, which is hard to check on a Sunday, though there is concern that the operator could drag its feet and take several weeks before issuing a new Home Hub update to fix it. In the meantime here are several things to try, which may or may not circumvent the problem.

Possible RapidShare Fix's

1. Instead of accessing rapidshare with HTTP (e.g. http://www.rapidshare.com), try accessing it via HTTPS (e.g. https://www.rapidshare.com) or via just the IP (http://195.122.131.46 or https://195.122.131.46/).

2. Access the 'BT Home Hub Manager' (router control panel), go to advanced settings and disable the Firewall (not recommended for security reasons but it is known to work as this is where the bug appears to stem from).

3. Try connecting your computer to the hub via a wired instead of wireless (Wi-Fi) link.

4. Use a third party proxy server to bypass BT's.

5. Edit the HOSTS file (e.g. c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts) and add the following lines for RapidShare:

195.122.131.46 rapidshare.com
195.122.131.46 www.rapidshare.com

6. Use a different router (not BT's Home Hub).

Please inform us if any of these helped; they are solutions that have worked in the past.

UPDATE - 22nd June 2009:

No response from BT yet, although the issue now appears to be a problem with the operators network rather than their Home Hub as it has been seen to occur on different routers too. So far the HTTPS and HOSTS file solutions seem to be the best workarounds.

^^

dk

911 GTS Cab
yeah, thats the site i was using griff, although none of the above helps for download managers, only single links in a browser which is impossible really.

update from today, bt seem to be skirting around the issue
UPDATE - 23rd June 2009:

A BT spokesperson told ISPreview today:
"BT does not block access to the RapidShare website. We have received a small number of customers reporting difficulty uploading large files over a wireless connection to the site. As a temporary measure we are advising affected customers wishing to upload large files to do so over a wired connection whilst we investigate the matter."

This seems to ignore the fact that said problem is occurring over wired links too and exists from within BT's network. Many believe it is the fault of a transparent proxy, such as the one used by ISPs for The Internet Watch Foundation (IWF). We are currently awaiting feedback from the IWF on this matter.
A source says that "there is a rapidshare url or one of the IP addresses in the IWF block list" (or more precisely requests for rapidshare are being forwarded to the proxy that filters URLs, which implies this)

I'm even using a proxy site and rapget and rapidshare downloader are not working, very strange and starting to get annoying now, especially as I have a premium rapidshare account.

182 RB FF
Just tried a file and mine is working again??? it wasnt yesterday or this morning though thats for sure.

AK

M240i
PMSL!

Noticed you've removed the I hate Apples pic since you've bought a iphone ya wh0re!

BTW got JDownloader working, just ran the updates! Try that OP!

Scirocco GT 2.0
PMSL!

Noticed you've removed the I hate Apples pic since you've bought a iphone ya wh0re!

BTW got JDownloader working, just ran the updates! Try that OP!

The OP may not use JDownloader :rasp: you only use it because you have XP so can't use Rapidshare Downloader ;)

Yeah the avatar has gone, I still hate Apple but can't really advertise the fact now as I will soon own a device made by them, lol.

182 RB FF
Mine seems to be working ok again now but its much much slower than before. Anybody else having same thing? DK?