ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rattling coming from front wheel

drivers side - it's been making noises for about a week now, thought it was just rubbing (as i have 17" wheels) but when i turn a corner sharply it makes a rattling noise sometimes

i was thinking along the lines of the wheel bearing or something but i have no idea tbh

cheers all

^ jack the relevant corner up, and try rocking the wheel whilst grasping it at the 9-3 and 12-6 o'clock positions. also spin the wheel to see if you can see/hear anything untoward

tbh, if it's the wheel bearing, it should be obvious if it's as noisy as you describe. if it is the bearing, i wouldn't use the car at all until it's fixed

having said all that, it could easily just be something that's loose and catching something as you turn the wheel - stick a stand under it whilst you've got it jacked up and have a good look - hopefully something simple

kind of, not noticeably unless i really listen. my breaks squeak though when i'm coming to a stop and it makes a noise when i spin the wheel (when it's up on jacks) that sounds like somethings rubbing

1998 BMW e46 323i
checked your c.v. joint? does the sound worsen when on power at full lock in either left or right? some bearing faults are really hard to detect IMO