ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattly

I know ive posted another topic about my car stalling, but how rattly sounding should the 1.2 16v engine be? I swear mines sounds more tappety but as its covered 5800k is this normal or is it a sign with the stalling that all may not be well? When im going along and the car is just cruising (im not pressing the accelerator) it sounds more tappety than it used to.

Or am I just going mad and being paranoid?

Ad

MK2 FRS

Yo be fair the 1.2 16vs are very tappety, I had two brand new ones and they were both like this. I wouldnt worry. However, with the stalling, my first one had this, it was as if when you put the clutch down as you came to stop it would stall without warning. This was sorted with an ecu remap, you should maybe consider booking it in with renault for this.

Already had the ECU remap done and it doesnt seem to have made much difference, I will ask them if there is a newer one when it goes in next week to have the sunroof replaced

Cheers!

It creaks like anything, after 3 goes at them trying to fix it they have decided to replace it, hopefully this sorts it (fingers crossed!) altho im not holding my breath!!!