ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB with Recaros

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172cup
I know one of the pervious owners and they looked after it and didn't rag it but I'm know it had a light frontend that there insurance company sorted

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would it need £1500 spending on it?

I would think full service, including cambelt, auxbelt, dephaser, waterpump. No mention of tyre depths, new exhaust + hangers, discs/pads. Steering wheel re-trim, General tidy up. You wouldn't be far off that.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Or for a cheap runner-

Exhaust mounts £30.
none of the above are mentioned need doing- except the mounts- the biggest risk is the dephaser pulley.

S

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exhaust doesn't need doing but it looks hideous, I would change it.

Auxbelt hasn't been mentioned, Cambelt hasnt been stated which year it was done. Service history upto 70k after that your taking his word so a full service is a must.

If I was to buy that I would look at spending abit on it, depends if you want it in good nick or not I suppose.

Of course though it wouldn't be £1500ish start away like most things do it over time, it's a good price that's for sure but most car adverts have more than meets the eye.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Ph1 ITB'd 172
Or for a cheap runner-

Exhaust mounts £30.
none of the above are mentioned need doing- except the mounts- the biggest risk is the dephaser pulley.

S

Yep, I agree, not sure what makes people think the cambelt needs doing, it doesn't state when it was done, just at 58,000 miles, it's done 34,000 miles since then so unless it was done 5 years ago it won't need doing for another couple of years surely?

An oil change would be worthwhile though, but that will hardly break the bank.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
The most expensive part (If you're fussy like I am) is the paintwork. RB is a b**ch match up and you can't just do one panel.

Belts are no big deal now (traders on here are getting cheaper as they compete for business!) exhaust mounts are peanuts and everything else is just basic costs of motoring that you'd encounter with any used car.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Even with £1k spent on it, you would probably get every penny back just because of the colour/recaros.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
The most expensive part (If you're fussy like I am) is the paintwork. RB is a b**ch match up and you can't just do one panel.

Belts are no big deal now (traders on here are getting cheaper as they compete for business!) exhaust mounts are peanuts and everything else is just basic costs of motoring that you'd encounter with any used car.

Couldn't have said it better!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most is wear and tear.

Fact is it will need money spending on it, chances of it having a receipt for the Cambelt? Local garage timing check is most likely needed.

If not that full job is £600-700 done right.
Exhaust £400

No pictures under the bonnet, missing fuel rail, dodgy induction kit, missing engine cover. Everything little bit adds up. If I was in the market though I would certainly be interested in it.

Someone gomotorola view it? Has a few offers on it, can see it being a forum members car soon enough.

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  500 Twinair
A bit of work to make it mint again, but a good base car, with the added extras of RB and Recaro's.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
The offers are probably me and daniel lol

i dont want it ive got enough in.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
I prefer the standard seats tbh, have Recaro's in my 172 cup and the standard seats are much more comfortable/supportive.