ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RDR2 coming to PC this month

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
For anyone that’s interested.. Red Dead Redemption is coming to PC this month, release date is Oct 26th but if you have the new Rockstar launcher you can get it on the 9th

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
This is the laptop I have, is the spec high enough to play RDR2? It runs GTA V fine.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The only issue I have with Rockstar is the virtually non-existent after-release updates/downloads/DLCs for the single player side of their games. Yet the incessant crap that gets turned out for the multiplayer stuff.

I'd rather contemplate the EA/Ubisoft model of additions - than plug away with an SP game that the devs themselves have left well alone for years.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
and they flog the games to f**king death and back.

GTA V is still getting new s**t and that game is 6 f**king years old already.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
GTA V makes them like 5 million a day. They will keep making content until the next game.

Red dead looks really promising from a graphics and technical stand point on PC.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Graphics are ace, even on a console it's really impressive.

Single player is better than multi-player at the moment, which as I mentioned above is abit boring IMO.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I dont play multiplayer on GTA V or RDR2 much prefer a good single player experience/story.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking forward to this. It means I can get bored to death all over again whilst enjoying improved visuals. :p:D

On the second play though atm and doing all the side/quests missions. Going to take forever! So far done the dream catchers, few of the treasure hunts, got an Arabian horse, started catching legendary fish and finding the dinosaur bones. Going to stay on chapter 3 for as long as i can until i complete those bits.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I think I stopped playing maybe 5 hours in tops on the Xbox One version.. just never grabbed me
Yup - exactly the same for me buddy. It's technically a masterpiece of a game in many ways, but I lost all interest around 5 hours in, too. It felt as though I was trying to push on through treacle all the time and ended up getting frustrated with it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I enjoyed 3, but not tried 4 yet. I won't lie... it's not really captured my interest like the earlier game did.
There's something quirky with the Fallout series. Played 3 to death - even if the one-man-army inventory and skill sets grated on me for their stupidity. Bought New Vegas and simply didn't get into that at all.

Bought the complete version of Fallout 4 from cdkeys for a couple of quid and haven't quite got the vibe from that either. Does seem good and I'm far more likely to progress with that than with New Vegas - despite being a smaller game area than FO3 from what I've read?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
There's something quirky with the Fallout series. Played 3 to death - even if the one-man-army inventory and skill sets grated on me for their stupidity. Bought New Vegas and simply didn't get into that at all.

Bought the complete version of Fallout 4 from cdkeys for a couple of quid and haven't quite got the vibe from that either. Does seem good and I'm far more likely to progress with that than with New Vegas - despite being a smaller game area than FO3 from what I've read?

Interested to see how Outer Worlds pans out as that is supposed to be picking up from where Bethesda dropped the ball. Lets wait and see!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Interested to see how Outer Worlds pans out as that is supposed to be picking up from where Bethesda dropped the ball. Lets wait and see!
Me too. I signed up for that cheap Xbox pass and have actually downloaded Outer Worlds - but have yet to try it. I'm kind of hoping for a Mass Effect/Fallout hybrid of some sort.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Outer Worlds certainly appeals to me, i loved all the Fallout Series, my only real gripe if the repetitiveness of the inhabitants, Deathclaw, Mutant, Goul, etc etc, i really think they missed a trick to introduce a whole new range of enemies and characters.

I am just grinding through XCOM 2 (probably the most frustrating game ever) once i have finished it i will have a look at Outer Worlds.

RDR2 is brilliant, but again, a little repetitive, i imagine in a decent PC the visuals will be stunning.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like the launch hasn't been successful with lots of users experiencing issues. Makes me wonder if devs do QA anymore, considering the game was initially probably built on a PC for the console it makes even less sense.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just tried RDR2. Were the K&M inputs considered by a lobotomised octopus with clown-shoes on the end of its tentacles?

R* has notoriously been shite for thinking beyond the box and believing that a game with what seems to be 90+ inputs would actually be better for any sane person to use K&M with. But no - we'll keep it simple 'for us' and think of nothing other than gamepad support.

LA Noire didn't play well with K&M. GTAV even less so. But RDR2 is a whole new level of f**k-knucklery. W to move the horse forward, but not S to slow it down? S makes the glue-stick turn around - but why wouldn't the more logical A or D do the same at slow speed? Press W for it move, but then tap Left Shift to trot. But then press Left Ctrl to slow it down? Which muppets thought this through??

Key assignments for the train whistle? Flol. Why wouldn't I just do a context obvious 'action key' like E is always defaulted to and pull the whistle when I'm looking at it?

I'm out and uninstalled - what a UI s**t-show.

1604158011831.png

1604158024773.png

1604158049573.png

Only played an hour of it and bought a 2070 gtx to run it but it could barely run 60fps on any settings! Id like to come back to it, when I log into rockstar game launcher it updates quite a lot so maybe theyve sorted some of the performance issues.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Only played an hour of it and bought a 2070 gtx to run it but it could barely run 60fps on any settings! Id like to come back to it, when I log into rockstar game launcher it updates quite a lot so maybe theyve sorted some of the performance issues.
I'd heard that RDR2 has some weird decryption on-the-fly with regards to the PC version. It's an attempt to reduce pirated versions of the game being played, but in turn adds a performance overhead in running the game.

My *ahem* version ran flawlessly on my 1080 @ 1440 resolution. But the control input train-wreck is a deal breaker for me and I'd much prefer to use the 120GB+ of drive space for games by developers who give a s**t.

I'd heard that RDR2 has some weird decryption on-the-fly with regards to the PC version. It's an attempt to reduce pirated versions of the game being played, but in turn adds a performance overhead in running the game.

My *ahem* version ran flawlessly on my 1080 @ 1440 resolution. But the control input train-wreck is a deal breaker for me and I'd much prefer to use the 120GB+ of drive space for games by developers who give a s**t.

What cpu you running? I heard it needs a good cpu, I have a 6600k oc'd to 4.4.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
What cpu you running? I heard it needs a good cpu, I have a 6600k oc'd to 4.4.

That's probably your issue then.

An i5 is no match to the same gen i7 these days. I've seen games run at 60% load on an i7 that are pegged at 98/99% on the i5.

That's probably your issue then.

An i5 is no match to the same gen i7 these days. I've seen games run at 60% load on an i7 that are pegged at 98/99% on the i5.
Damn.. Well with my mobo Im stuck with 6th gen cpus. Ill probably go for an i7 next year

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Damn.. Well with my mobo Im stuck with 6th gen cpus. Ill probably go for an i7 next year

My build started with a 6600k and after a year I upgraded to a 6700k which cost me £30 after selling my old CPU. It was a worthwhile upgrade 3 years ago, but now I'd be looking at something newer tbh.

My build started with a 6600k and after a year I upgraded to a 6700k which cost me £30 after selling my old CPU. It was a worthwhile upgrade 3 years ago, but now I'd be looking at something newer tbh.
When I do upgrade I want something as current as I can go for, I feel like playing catch up and never really have a strong stable setup. Probably be march next year before the next far cry. Although the new assassins creed comes out in just over a week, the last one odyssey which I enjoyed didnt exactly perform great, when I got the 2070 (from a 970) I played around with the settings but the performance was almost the same 😄

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’m gunna buy this again but for PC. It looked stunning on an original PS4 lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It is a stunning game visually, the lightning and thunder storms is breath taking, and i'm really impressed on the story on this game too. On PS4 though.

Decided to boot the game up to see if anythings changed with all the updates. I thought something was wrong at first at how blurry everything was, turns out its TAA anti aliasing working when you move. Turned that off, set msaa x2 and FXAA to on, doesnt look bad and stutters seem to be gone (from first boot) so thats a start.