ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really Need Tyre Help!!

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Hi after having the car lowered 60mm the front wheels rub on the arch when turning, only just but they do.

I had a flat today and I'm wondering if I could just get some lower profile tyres all round to solve the problem.

I have checked on line and I can't find the size I need. I really need to know can I go wider on my wheels??

The current tyres are 185/55/R15 and I'm after something like 195/40or45/R15. I can get some Pirelli P6000 from Qwikfit for £52 each + balancing and vales and disposal of the old ones for around£250.

Anyone kno if wider ones will still fit the wheel??

wider will only make your problem worse,getting thinner tyres will only make your speedo more out,take a lump hammer to your wheel arch

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
wider will only make your problem worse,getting thinner tyres will only make your speedo more out,take a lump hammer to your wheel arch

Can't see that helping with a plastic arch!!

Good point though about the width. WTF don't they do 185/45/R15??