ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear 6x9 speakers

Clio 182 (Petrol Blue)
Hi, I have a 2005 182 and would like to fit some 6 x 9 speakers in the rear door cards rather than the parcel shelf!

Could anyone help me?

What would be the easiest way to do it, but also look good as well?

Cheers

Nike Lunar Elite's
Don't bother! The 6x9 argument has gone on for ages on the forum, go to Talkaudio and see what they say.

v.cheapferrari
forget the 6x9's altogether

if you want better sound in the rear, get sum decent coaxial speakers & if your after bass, then get a cheap sub & amp combo from

caraudiodirect
caraudiosecurity

i think companies should stop spending money on making 6x9's, they are the worst

J

jamesy

its not worth the bother of fitting 6x9s in the back cards for how good there going to sound your better off buying some decent coaxials or just sticking them in the shelf if your after some with a bit of bass but not too expensive i recomend jbl gto 936e motor world are knocking them out for 35quid;)

Trophy #267
hmm not sure on the 6x9 slating tbh. I recently fitted a pair to my parcel shalf and and extremely happy with the result. Main reason was not for the extra bass etc but because the shitty plasitc cover and surround in the rear where the standard ones are housed sounds like a bag of spanners as it moves far too easily.
Fairly basic kenwood speakers mounted on some mdf underneath, 6mm chicken wire above and finished with some nice accoustic cloth - looks and sounds mint (did have an episode with black silicone sealant around the mdf but thats a diff story :) )

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well you wont get that with 6x9s. The quality will be crap and the bass barely noticeable. Get a small sub and amp and components up front and it'll piss all over any set of 6x9s. I run a vibe active 10" and its superb, go quite cheaply now as well

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
robbievox said:
hmm not sure on the 6x9 slating tbh. I recently fitted a pair to my parcel shalf and and extremely happy with the result. Main reason was not for the extra bass etc but because the sh*tty plasitc cover and surround in the rear where the standard ones are housed sounds like a bag of spanners as it moves far too easily.
Fairly basic kenwood speakers mounted on some mdf underneath, 6mm chicken wire above and finished with some nice accoustic cloth - looks and sounds mint (did have an episode with black silicone sealant around the mdf but thats a diff story :) )

You would have got better results from spending some money on components up front. It may be basic stuff but your ears point forward so thats wherer the spound should come from. Bass is non-directional so doesnt matter where that is

EvilJohn said:
Well you wont get that with 6x9s. The quality will be crap and the bass barely noticeable. Get a small sub and amp and components up front and it'll piss all over any set of 6x9s. I run a vibe active 10" and its superb, go quite cheaply now as well
I think people are overly harsh re. 6" x 9"s! I changed the OEM kit in my Trophy for an Alpine CDE9850Ri HU, Infinity Kappa components up front and Infinitry Reference 6" x 9"s on a stealth shelf. The sound quality is 1,000,000% then the OEM ICE and there's more than enough bass! Amped subs are far more hassle to install and eat up the scant boot space found in a Clio!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If i was forced to have something on my shelf, and it would need violoence, then it would be 6.5" speakers. There has to be a reason the best speakers are round and not oval!

Trophy #267
Hmm i agree to a certain extent to what you are saying. Yes if you want the mother of all sounds for quality and volume then amped setup with uprated components is going to be better. However, I am running a £200 Sony HU without amp and felt that the fronts were a better quality than the rear OE speakers / mountings so decided to upgrade the rear 1st (given an infinite pot id do the lot). Now i spent a total of £57 inc speakers + shelf and am massively impressed with the results. I may in the future spend further money on the front components but an average price of £30-50 for a pair of speakers can turn into a fair amount.
I can now crank up the volume when needed without distortion and rattle form the shite rear enclosures whilst maintaining pretty good quality (which could have been done from circular units yes, but without amping and spending further money wouldnt have given me a better sound).

Polo + Micra
if you are going to have 6x9's stick to just bass units.

as anything abouve 2.5kHz coming from the rear is going to ruin everything.

there's only one use for the other type and that is giving them far too much power and making them catch fire