ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear arches scrubbing

Tomh182

ClioSport Club Member
  S3 8P
Afternoon guys,

i have recently fitted some cup turinis (38.5) with 205 tires.
The wheels are scrubbing on the arches when weight is distributed either side or if i have a passenger in the back which is not ideal!
It seems to have dropped since fitting the Turinis which is odd. I have the PMS rear axle stud axle spacers fitted which might be the problem? And cooksport springs.
Any help would be great,

cheers!

Attachments

• F64CDB2B-AD69-4C70-912E-0CD1838D05CB.jpeg
    F64CDB2B-AD69-4C70-912E-0CD1838D05CB.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 94
  • A142431E-482F-4AEE-A7D6-CD0E2BB77487.jpeg
    A142431E-482F-4AEE-A7D6-CD0E2BB77487.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
  • 7F9DA17B-AD2D-4919-BD1E-4102CBA543A7.jpeg
    7F9DA17B-AD2D-4919-BD1E-4102CBA543A7.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 95

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
3 options really. Raise it slightly. It does look quite low, raising should also help with better turn in.
Fit some shims to increase neg camber. This will almost certainly cure it.
And 3, roll the arches.

Any combination of the above of one option doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomh182

ClioSport Club Member
  S3 8P
3 options really. Raise it slightly. It does look quite low, raising should also help with better turn in.
Fit some shims to increase neg camber. This will almost certainly cure it.
And 3, roll the arches.

Any combination of the above of one option doesn’t work.

Thanks for the reply! which springs would you suggest to raise it to a good height? could you hazard a guess as to why the ride height has dropped over time?

Tom.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Have you checked the rear shocks?

If they're getting on a bit then it could be that.

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
I assumed you had coil overs or lowering springs. If those are standard springs I’d suggest they’re broken.
If someone has fitted lowering springs before you owned it, have a look and see if there’s an adjusting ring on the lower spring perch. You may be able to raise it that way.
Someone else should be able to advise on springs. I’ve only ever run coil overs so not my area of expertise!

Tomh182

ClioSport Club Member
  S3 8P
Thanks for the replys! They’re cooksport springs and cup shocks. Both only a couple of years old, but ill begin by replacing them to see if it solves the problem, as its almost un-drivable!

I ran the same set up for a brief period with new dampers and also had scrubbing issues, I changed to 195 tyres which cured the problem. The most straight forward fix would be to remove the stub axel spacer.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the replys! They’re cooksport springs and cup shocks. Both only a couple of years old, but ill begin by replacing them to see if it solves the problem, as its almost un-drivable!
I've had OEM dampers and Eibach Sportlines over the years with zero rubbing. Even with four people in the car.

Some idea of ride height from the side....

1604390876996.png

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
If there's no weight in the back on them photos then something isn't right. Back is definitely lower than every other car I've seen on Cooksports.