ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear axle powerflex bushes

Clio sport 182 cup
Hi all new to this has anyone fitted powerflex bushes to the rear axle on Clio 182 I've got the back axle off and got the old bushes out , got some powerflex bushes coming tomorrow just wondering if there a pig to fit and do you need any special tools to get the sleeve in the axle cheers

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
You'll either need a bearing press, a threaded bar with two big washers and two bolts to tighten so it pushes them in, or this kind of thing that my mate used at his garage which does pretty much the same thing.

26Pc-Press-and-Pull-Sleeve-Bush-Removal-and-font-b-Installation-b-font-font-b-Tool.jpg

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
The Powerflex kit will 90% press in by hand, but you need some kind of constant increasing pressure to get them the last 10%.

Clio sport 182 cup
I bought a tool from eBay, I think it's for replacing standard bushes but I think it should work for pushing the sleeve in , do you push it right the way up to the axle or is there a small gap like on the standard bushes if you know what I mean cheers

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
We had a lift and a garage full of tools and we still failed because we thought the beam mounting bolts were going to snap, so we just dropped it down a bit and swore at it until it was done.

Clio sport 182 cup
We had a lift and a garage full of tools and we still failed because we thought the beam mounting bolts were going to snap, so we just dropped it down a bit and swore at it until it was done.
Lol I know how you felt one off the bolts on the o/s mounting started spinning around had to lift the back seat up and get mole grips on it bleeding thing