ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear beam replace (w/ pics) (intersting)

MK2 PH2 02`
Hey there,

while enjoing my clio on the fast road in my country, in one section i lost my focus and did went too fast to a bend... the back end went to a trip and came back when a rock stopped it :cry: .
anyway thats what i found out:(notice the brake disk :fearful::fearscream::astonished:, thats the interesting part)
7ef0edc5-d596-4535-ac10-4a1ae2054efc_zpssdzvkb8u.jpg

IMG_0923_zpsxptgh2zh.jpg

IMG_0932_zpsm1choept.jpg

well, i dont like positive camber:wink:
so first i was optimist and try to replace only the stub axle that bent. (on the way i found out another difference from ph2 to ph1, the stub axle thickness. the ph2 one is thicker which probably means that on ph2 the wheel track is wider)
IMG_0950_zpsxzcpq6to.jpg

IMG_0942_zps2y9yjssr.jpg

only to find out that the whole beam is bent ..
so i got a used one from ph1. i hope is not different from ph2 cause it is not clear if the beam anti roll bar is the same die. or not... i need to check that.
IMG_0986_zpsd5ffrf4e.jpg

on the way i replaced the beam bushes(Renault), added a new brake lines (HEL)and a new set of rear brake disks and pads (Renault), and did wheel alignment.
IMG_0990_zpst12pzng4.jpg

for now I'm with the rear stub axles of ph1 and i don't like it. almost every turn in the rear section is tend to go out of my desired line ( more aggressive oversteer). with ph2 stub axles, on turn in, the car "oversteer" slightly and helps me to "tighten" the turn if you understand what i mean.
i ordered a new ph2 stub axles and add a 4X 5mm (2 to each side) rear spacers to help eliminate the oversteer and add grip.

i hope i will have time to update the stub axles replacement. i didn't sew much pictures of this here in the forum.

enjoy.

Reactions: Gus