ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

- Rear Brake Bias

Gay Clio 172 phs1

Arrrgggg My brakes have gone Pete Tong...

Ive recently stripped my clio and the back brakes used to lock on light braking, So i changed the brake bias slightly until this stopped. Now after around 20 mins of driving the rear brakes are constantly on.

First thing in the morning i need to pump the brakes to get any kind of reaction from them, once i have driven for a little while the rears just seems to stick.

Can anybody please tell me if you need to bleed the system if you play with the brake bias? My aim is to get all the braking at the front as i use the car on country lanes and dont fancy hitting a fence due to the back end locking up.

Rx

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

make sure the bias valve isnt over adjusted(allowing to much pressure through to the rears) although this would only cause them to lock under braking and not make them constantly stick on.sounds more like a sticking caliper etc thats the cause of your problem.you dont want all the braking at the front as that will make the vehicle unstable.if the valve is correctly adjusted then you shouldnt have any problems with the back end coming out because of the brakes.