ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182 rear brake lines

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with hardlines, the rears only suffer because they are badly exposed to road much and rub in the clips. I don't mind the rear braided kit replacing the hardlines as its a quick issue solved however if you were building something you would have as much hardline as possible.

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with hardlines, the rears only suffer because they are badly exposed to road much and rub in the clips. I don't mind the rear braided kit replacing the hardlines as it’s a quick issue solved however if you were building something you would have as much hardline as possible.
I think it’s more about the lines going directly in/out of the pump that are most important. Basically what Porsche do for their abs race cars is a good reference.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I think you are right about the pulsing upsetting the abs unit but also hardlines don't expand, rubber lines do and braided lines sit between them both I've been told that you get the best pedal feel with maximum use of hardlines 🤷‍♂️

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
Have you ever heard of an-2 line being used? I always wanted to try it out to see how it changed the pedal but I gave up on the clio lol

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Presuming the original lines seem to hold up ok then apart from around the rear beam area?

Just checked from the abs pump and they all look mint to be fair

Udder Nonce

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
That makes sense. I can visualise it now lol. As it’s not up on a ramp and everything is upside down when you are lying underneath it’s not as clear.

Out of interest, is there a kit that takes you from abs pump to front braided lines, in braided?

Just thinking outside the box to whether I can remove all hardliners and swap to braided that’s all.
I measured up a kit for BRT which went from pump to connection for braided lines. Be on my build thread

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
Presuming I’ve lost all fluid as it stands due to the hardline splitting.

Guessing I’m going to have issues with the pump?
Quite possibly, it might not be too bad though. Once you put the new lines in, bleed as you would normally and then you'll know where its at.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Worried about air in the ABS pump now as I have lost a lot of fluid, if not all.

If I were to bleed normally using old sloop foot on pedal and I got a firm pedal, does this mean all is good?

Failing that, if I can’t get a pedal does this mean that there is air in the pump and I will need clip or rs tuner to activate it?

Worried for CSF now as I’ve got a load on at work and could have done without this lol.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Worried about air in the ABS pump now as I have lost a lot of fluid, if not all.

If I were to bleed normally using old sloop foot on pedal and I got a firm pedal, does this mean all is good?

Failing that, if I can’t get a pedal does this mean that there is air in the pump and I will need clip or rs tuner to activate it?

Worried for CSF now as I’ve got a load on at work and could have done without this lol.
You'll be fine. Just bleed it and see how you get on. Do you have a pressure bleeder?

If you bleed it a few times and pedal still isn't right then start to worry, take it on some gravel and let the ABS spaz out for a while. If that doesn't work then find someone with a good code reader/clip to do the ABS bleed procedure.

With a pressure bleeder its 15-20 mins to do each corner, sometimes you don't even need to take wheels off.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Braided axle hoses turned up today. Very fast delivery and had them in the fastest colour.

Is it just a case of screwing and unscrewing now?

Do I need to be keeping any washers or anything important from the existing lines?

863DE8F0-23E2-49F2-BF2A-86AA282445A6.jpeg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Braided axle hoses turned up today. Very fast delivery and had them in the fastest colour.

Is it just a case of screwing and unscrewing now?

Do I need to be keeping any washers or anything important from the existing lines?

View attachment 1697212

I found it easier to start at the caliper end, leave the fitting loose so that it can still swivel a bit and then route it underneath the car.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
All on and fitted this morning. Easy job to be fair with the full axle kit.

Realised I should have started at the hardline end so the new braided lines can pass through the existing holes where the flexis used to be.

I’ve only finger tightened it all at the moment anyway so will re-route back from the hardline to caliper in the week when I come to bleeding it all.

Quick question - presuming you have a rear ARB. Did you go back underneath this or over the top?
Old hardline passed underneath of the U clamp so just wondering if this is necessary.

Cheers for the heads up on this kit @Touring_Rob its definitely made life easier 👍

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Bled the brakes just now.

Rear left bled fine, moved onto rear right and couldn’t get a pedal.
Moved onto front left and still had no pedal to start with. Kept pumping and eventually a huge air pocket came out and it bled fine.

All bled up nicely after that and back to a solid pedal.

Will take it out on the road in a week or so and test it out but fingers crossed it’s all sorted and ready for Anglesey CSF now.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

Moved onto front left and still had no pedal to start with. Kept pumping and eventually a huge air pocket came out and it bled fine.

Will take it out on the road in a week or so and test it out but fingers crossed it’s all sorted and ready for Anglesey CSF now.

Bring a load of fluid to CSF and I'll have my laptop with me with RSTuner, so can always activate the pump for you.

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member

Pedals firm with engine on? A relief if so!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Done a few skids after work on the car park on gravel which has let the abs kick in.

Pedal solid with engine off, a little spongey with engine on.
Not certain it’s not exactly as it was before but didn’t have anything to compare with beforehand so I will re-bleed just in case.

I’m a little worried there is a bit to much travel but not sure how far they go as standard?

Also, when pressing the pedal I can hear like a release of air. Is this normal?
Obviously I have no sound deadening on the bulk head so more stuff is audible but has just got me thinking something else is up?

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
Done a few skids after work on the car park on gravel which has let the abs kick in.

Pedal solid with engine off, a little spongey with engine on.
Not certain it’s not exactly as it was before but didn’t have anything to compare with beforehand so I will re-bleed just in case.

I’m a little worried there is a bit to much travel but not sure how far they go as standard?

Also, when pressing the pedal I can hear like a release of air. Is this normal?
Obviously I have no sound deadening on the bulk head so more stuff is audible but has just got me thinking something else is up?
Servo?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Have you got loads of pad left?

Mine always felt like a longer travel when pads were low, but the car always stopped fine on track.

Give it a bleed again just to be sure.
Yeah plenty pad left.

Just got my mate to send me a vid of his travel and it does look very similar. Mine possibly has slightly more travel if anything.

I’ll bleed again and see as there is probably some more air after skidding about and getting the ABS working.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah plenty pad left.

Just got my mate to send me a vid of his travel and it does look very similar. Mine possibly has slightly more travel if anything.

I’ll bleed again and see as there is probably some more air after skidding about and getting the ABS working.

If the pedal feels solid with the engine off and doesn't drop when you hold for a few seconds, then it's fine.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
If the pedal feels solid with the engine off and doesn't drop when you hold for a few seconds, then it's fine.
Is probably just me mate being anal as fook.

Drove it round a bit and the brake bite was perfectly fine. Plus I’ve got work boots on at the moment so I’m probably standing on it without realising.

Will still bleed once more just to be on the side of caution as I’ve got plenty fluid.