ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear brake discs

2002 172 sport
hello people just a quick ? should rear brake discs be the same width as the front discs a friend of mine who knows a bit says it's unusual that a sports cars (172)rear discs are so thin.also dangerous.i think there standard but not sure.its due a service so maybe i need to have this sorted cheers.????????

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Rear discs are 8mm new on 1*2's iirc and 7mm minimum thickness .

Last edited:
  2002 172 sport
cheers for that so they are supposed to be thinner than the front discs.as my front discs are twice the thickness???

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yep , rears are only very thin . Fronts are vented 24mm new , 21.8mm minimum thickness .

Clio Sport 182
most makes of cars usually have thin rear disc's as they dont really brake on them, unless you go high performance cars.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yep much thinner on the rear as they are solid disks, no need for vented rear disks on the 172/182, or most small front wheel drive cars for that matter