ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Track only brake discs, Brembo not up to the job!!

MattJackson82

ClioSport Club Member
My current set up Brembo HC track spec discs from Kam racing with DS1.11 pads & standard rear disc with DS2500 pads, ABS deleted & bias valve installed, car also running full slicks when dry, inner arches & fog lights removed so decent cooling.
The performance of the braking system is very good but the front discs don’t seem up to the job, I’ve had 3 sets now & warped them all.
Is there a better or other options to try please?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Probably look to move to a Brembo 4 pot caliper setup and 2 piece disc from PMS. The 2 piece items are not only rotor/bell but also thicker than the standard Clio discs. I suspect you're just not able to dump the heat quick enough or consistently with your braking setup as it is.
AFAIK i don't think you can get a 2 piece discs that fits the OE caliper off the peg.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I can’t see how you’ve warped them. In fact I’ll put money on it you haven’t.

Pad transfer is the likeliest cause.

This.

Sounds like you're overheating the pads or not quite correctly bedded in, causing uneven pad material transfer.

You could try a fully sintered metallic pad like CL RC6 or Winmax W6 that don't really rely on material transfer.

Also check your pistons and caliper slider pins are moving freely. Heavy track use boils the grease out of the sliders, so you need to keep on top of maintenance.

MattJackson82

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks everyone for your feedback, will 4 pot Brembo go under 15 inch rims as I have 4 sets of 15’s with various tyres on which I have a cheap supply of so don’t want to go bigger wheels, next question is how do I sort pad transfer if it is that?? I could easily fit some ducting to see if it helps, also I strip & rebuild brake callipers with fresh grease after every track day so I know they are all good, thanks guys 👍

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks everyone for your feedback, will 4 pot Brembo go under 15 inch rims as I have 4 sets of 15’s with various tyres on which I have a cheap supply of so don’t want to go bigger wheels, next question is how do I sort pad transfer if it is that?? I could easily fit some ducting to see if it helps, also I strip & rebuild brake callipers with fresh grease after every track day so I know they are all good, thanks guys 👍

80grit sandpaper on a block works well but you will have to bed the pads to do discs again to build up a fresh layer of material, which is a fairly long process with DS1.11's.