ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear cage

Evo 5 RS
If you mean half cage they're still a good measure and in the 'unlikely' event of a roll will still hold up fairly well. Just don't expect to go racing with it!

Ly Megane 230 F1
Yeh its a rear half cage. I can get it for uner £100 so tempted! Because it has the lower bar at the bottom,can I use that as a harness point?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
as long as its not a show cage id defs take it for that price!!
you can always sell it on if you change your mind!!

personally i love cages, they make a car look so purposeful!
if you're using it as a harness bar, please make sure its a suitable cage and mounted correctly!!

it will hike your insurance premium through the roof if you tell them!

Ly Megane 230 F1
It is a real roll cage lol..I've got photos from the guy that has the cage but they are on my phone. All I need once I buy it is the bolts to bolt it in place

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh its a rear half cage. I can get it for uner £100 so tempted! Because it has the lower bar at the bottom,can I use that as a harness point?

Harness belts should be at least horizontal or down at a shallow angle....Google compression spine fracture.
If the belts go downwards after the seat you run the risk of this in a crash, as the forces involved will have to run along the belts and you being the squishy bit underneath them.

http://www.stockcarracing.com/howto/scrp_0603_racing_seatbelt_installation/index.html

http://www.schrothracing.com/sdocs/2009_Competition_Instructions.pdf

Last edited:
  Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
as long as its not a show cage id defs take it for that price!!
you can always sell it on if you change your mind!!

personally i love cages, they make a car look so purposeful!
if you're using it as a harness bar, please make sure its a suitable cage and mounted correctly!!

it will hike your insurance premium through the roof if you tell them!

Mine only went up £35 quid a year for half cage, lowered and fully poly bushed!

Ly Megane 230 F1
i dont know what make it is.. It comes in 3 pieces : 1 Across the 2 rear struts, 1 going from the floor beside the bottom of the b pillars all round to the top and across the roof, 3 and last is like a cross piece that joins the 2 pieces together. will get a photos in a min :)

Ly Megane 230 F1
IMG_0538.jpgIMG_1535.jpg

thats the only photos i have at the moment

Il be honest and say at this moment im unsure if it is a real cage or just for show.. the cage is really sturdy and not the lightest(feels like the metal is quite thick)

Ly Megane 230 F1
ahh i get you haha... yeh i want some black buckets of some sort.
My plan was..
spray the turinis gloss black
gloss black cage
ktec carpet with yellow lining
Yellow TRS harnesses

but i dunno what bucket seats to get ( must be black though )