ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Camber Shims

Lionel Richie
camber and toe are related, you increase/decrease one, the other increases or decreases

on the rear of a clio, if you add say a 1deg camber shim then you will get more rear toe in, this is countered by adding an another shim (less extreme say 20min) turned 90dgrees to conteract the toe in

camber and toe are related, you increase/decrease one, the other increases or decreases

on the rear of a clio, if you add say a 1deg camber shim then you will get more rear toe in, this is countered by adding an another shim (less extreme say 20min) turned 90dgrees to conteract the toe in

Got you, cheers.

So if I were to fit that 2deg shim above, get the alignment checked and buy another shim (10,20,30min) to get it back to correct toe?

Would the extra shim make a difference to how far the wheel sticks out? I know the camber shim will make the bottom of the wheel stick out a bit more.

Lionel Richie
yeah it does, but you're talking tiny amounts of adjustment from the shims, 0.2mm on the shim could mean 3mm at the bottom of the wheel (think pythagoras LOL!)

yeah it does, but you're talking tiny amounts of adjustment from the shims, 0.2mm on the shim could mean 3mm at the bottom of the wheel (think pythagoras LOL!)

I see, my brain is struggling to process it ha.

I'll have to do some pretty diagrams. Or just leave it and hope it works :eek:

Thanks Fred.

23h1vtt.png

More worried about the clearance at the top anyway :eek: