ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear indicator not as bright as other one

I've checked all the bulbs etc., nothing wrong with those.

My right rear indicator is dimmer than the rest, and has even stopped working completely a few times. I just mess with the wiring (move it a bit) and it's fine, but it's not as bright as the others so I'm thinking it's a wiring problem.

Anyone else had this, or know what I can do to make it the same brightness?

Cheers. :)

172 Cup
I had this. Was water getting into the connector at the rear of the light as the light housing wasn't tight enough to the body of the car. A scoosh of WD40 and a good clean up of the connector solved it.

it does it without the light housing on...

where abouts is the connector (silly question i know) and what do i spray? might as well give it a go!

other than that, it's probably new wiring. anyone have an idea how i can get this/how much it'll cost? cheers

Check you have same rating bulb in each side.
Check multiplug connector for clean connection.
Check earth.

cheers, i know it's not the bulbs so i'll do the above tomorrow. if it's something like new wiring needed, how much would i be looking at approx? a lot?

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
I'll use this thread to post a related problem, when I reverse the reverse lights are fine but when I apply the brakes the brake lights get noticeably dimmer, the fog light and turn signal try to kick in but very dim...the dashboard lights do the same....

Am I right if I start looking at the rear lights housings and connectors first?

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Upon inspection everything was dry and clean, I only spotted a slightly melted ground pin on the stoplight housing end, nothing big just a tiny bubble...now it's fine, I'd like to know if this means the earth is dodgy somewhere...