ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear number plate light not working

My rear number plate light is not working, i changed the bulb and it still doesnt work put it in a volt machine and it registered having no power going to it. Has anybody got any ideas.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Like said. Trace the wire and have a look for any breaks. There also notorious for lettiing in water and corroding up, but this doesnt sound like the problem your having.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
corrosion / limescaley s**t,
i bet you my bottom dollar that it is just the contacts that the bulbs go too, i have had this on 2 diff clios, basicly clean up aka scratch up the contacts with a small flat head or something similar then try... wires dont usually just randomly snap in half....

2016 Audi RS3
corrosion / limescaley s**t,
i bet you my bottom dollar that it is just the contacts that the bulbs go too, i have had this on 2 diff clios, basicly clean up aka scratch up the contacts with a small flat head or something similar then try... wires dont usually just randomly snap in half....

Had exactly this problem with mine, covered in limescale :dapprove:

Artic Blime 182
I am having this problem on mine now and i have changed the bulb, checked the fuses, cleaned all the contacts and checked the wires and i am still having problems (light will not turn on at all) any suggestions??

PH1 172
I had to give the contacts a really good clean. Took it apart and soaked it in WD40 and scrubbed it with a toothbrush