ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Speaker Fitting, Does the whole interier have to come out?

Punto Evo Abarth
hello, just fitted my infinity components the other week, sound great :D shame the rears let it down, so im now gonna change them, what i want to know is does the plastic just pop off like the front ones or do i have to take the whole of the rear interier quater panel out? Thanks alot for your help :D

muz

big fat japanese bus
it just pops off but I would leave them as is mate, you will be better spending cash amping the fronts

you would be dragging your soundstage backwards which can reduce listeneing pleasure

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
it just pops off but I would leave them as is mate, you will be better spending cash amping the fronts

you would be dragging your soundstage backwards which can reduce listeneing pleasure

i prefer my sound coming from the rear of the car...

got some good components in the front, and then some awesome infinity reference speakers in the rear with tweeters and crossovers...

sound quality is perfect for what i want...

as said above the grills just pull off mate.

muz

big fat japanese bus
really? so when you watch tv/go to a concert/cinema you turn your head round so that it comes from behind you?

Horses for courses I suppose ...

mind you "infinity reference" and "awseome" in the same post tells the whole story ...

there is a world out there you are missing

take a look at FOcal, Rainbow, DLS, Genesis, .....

I suppose its what you like that counts and I am not meanign to take a dig but ....

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i know what you mean mate, i dont know loads about sound systems to be honest, but i prefer the music to be faded to the rear abit, not sure why just seems better for me in the car!

never really thought about it anywhere else because you cant alter it t the cinema etc...

they are good enough for me mate, sound good, decent-ish bass on them for 13cm speakers, i'm happy with them!

got a good price too...

Tangoed Works
^^ Ease them off gently with a flat sided object, screwdriver or something. Be careful the trim is easily scratched.