ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear washer gremlins?

182 FFC
This is a strange one. My rear screen washer worked ok yesterday. This morning when I used it, no water. Yes you say it is -14deg.C on the M77! No, the water wasn't frozen, it was coming out the front jets? I must confess I was a bit confused and put it down to imagination and having pulled the washers instade of twisting, so I tried it again, the again and again. The water is definately coming out the front jets.

I am going mad?

Just because your front washers weren't frozen doesn't mean the rear wasn't. The fronts probably get some heat from the engine. I don't think the washer fluid necessarily freezes everywhere - probably just in the jets themselves where it's most exposed.

My guess - probably just frozen. In such cold weather keep your windesreen washer mix really strong, but the washer jets can still freeze.

And more important to be able to see where you're going than where you've been :)

Low!
The rear washer jet is so pathetic anyway! Looks like a cat is doing it's business on your rear window..

More seriously though, probably is frozen as said above, if not the pipe has split and screen wash is squirting into your car! :D