ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear window.

D

deadonkey

Hi,

My battery went flat the other day, Got some people to push it but they were pushing it from the rear window, (to which I didnt realize) until I heard a crack.
Thought nothing of it at the time.
When I cleaned and polished the car today I noticed 4 cracks about 1/2" long on the right hand side of the window and one crack about 1" down the left hand side.
They dont look as though they are right through the window but are certainly not scratches.
Is this an MOT failure since its in the sweep of the rear window wiper. I know if there is a crack in the front windscreen in the wiper sweep it can be a MOT failure but does this apply to the rear.
How much would it cost me to get renault to replace the glass part of the bootlid?

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Your prob best off getting your you insurance company to replace it, most will only charge £50 (I think in most cases the same applies as if they were replacing a windscreen)

As for the people pushing the car by the rear screen, they are clearly idiots.