ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Windscreen wiper question?

1.6 16v
How do i remove the whole arm so there is just nothing there anymore or as little as posible??

Cheers Steve

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
1) Lift up the flap by the base

2) Undo the nut holding the wiper arm on

3) You need to pull the arm carefully off. This WILL more then likely be seized on the base. I had to use a puller on mine.

4) Remove semi-circle backing plate (clipped on)

5) Remove interior of boot lid

6) Remove motor.

** You are left with a hole into the boot lid after. So you need to cover this up

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Dad had one in the workshop.

But you shudnt have to buy one.... Try some force on it. (Obviously be carefull with motor etc...)

If you really must get a puller, Halfords sell them.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
youll have to fiberglass the hole over really, i was planning to do this on my old 1.2 but there was some mention of MOT failure, and tbh i couldnt be mythered with a dirty screen

suggestions on covering up Has? maybe the old plastic, fillered and painted to your colour? thought about doing this a while ago but was unsure due to motor way driving alot (then again i never have to look in my rear view mirror of my lowly 1.2 lol)

jamie

youll have to fiberglass the hole over really, i was planning to do this on my old 1.2 but there was some mention of MOT failure, and tbh i couldnt be mythered with a dirty screen

so many cars i see with "rear wiper" optional, not standard!!

then again these are porsches etc lol

jamie

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Mini-valver on here has done his if i remember.

Was at the Star City meet, looks like hes used the origional plastic cover and covered the hole up.

Looked mint !

1.6 16v
I just want to spray the wiper and backing plate thing! Not getting rid of the rear wiper! I need/use if too much lol :)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Just steps 1-4 then for you :D

I have removed mine, but not put it back on yet lol. oops.

You dont have to fibreglass anything. I removed mine the same mentioned above, then your left with a hole into the boot, i used a very thick bolt with some huge washers on the outside, then tightened the nut up on the inside to cover the hole, very secure. The best way would to be have a plate welded over it on the inside.

You can buy a new cover from renault like i did for about £4.50 and superglue a rubber grommet into it, it looks factory on mine. Or if you can be bothered to wait you can order a smooth blank cover which was only available in France. My reno dealer had them on his system but expected a wait of a few weeks so im gonna grab some when i drive through france on the way to a VW show in Austria this may.

pic here of mine should give you an idea

SP_A0167.gif

Last edited:
  1.6 16v
I have just tryed pulling this wipper off! lol. It wont budge!

Do i just pull straight or do i twist abit??

Steve

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Its a direct pull towards you.

Be carefull you dont damage the motor etc... by bending it.

Cover the area in plenty of rags. Then use a flat blade screwdrive to pry it off slightly? Being carefull u dont slip into the bodywork etc....

Maybe some WD40 to help it loosen up.

Civic Type-R
Lol I had exactly the same problem when I tried to take the one off my car. Still cant get it off, think we need one of these wiper pullers!

1.6 16v
ahhh i need to get mine off now because it was sprayed before (not well done)and the paint cracked! :(

Do local garages have them by any chance??

do anyone know how much they are from halfords??

Steve

with the covering up of the grommet, peugeot do an actual part that comes in 3 bits that covers over such holes,it bolts in and cannot be removed from the outside

M

mini-valver

I've removed mine as Has said, needed a 3 arm puller and even this struggled! You can buy them from any motor factors, looks like one of Those claws in those teddy picker upper machines, lol.
Fill the hole, looks far better! Who needs a rear wiper anyway? Just wax the window!

in case you missed the PM Steve and for the benefit of others.

I SAWED MINE OFF!

A junior hacksaw to the spindle, scrap the motor. I tried everything to get it off, inc forked panel trim removers pliers flat heads blah blah.

Once you start you are comitted tho so protect the glass and tailgate with some cloth and saw. Not very technical but its what i did, as long as you dont plan on re-using the motor its okay!

Where was I when you saw me Stu???

1.6 16v
I plan on using the motor again so i might go to my local bodyshop and see if they have a tool! :)

Cheers MAte :D

M

mini-valver

Lol, glad its sorted mate. I found even the puller struggled, sure someone welded mine on!

1.6 16v
Yeah it was difficult with the puller but we kept trying! :)

The semi circle is all sprayed up now and i just need to spray the arm and the new blade, when i get one lol.

Thanks for all your help! :)

Steve