ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Wiper Removal

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi guys,

Ive tried to get my rear wiper off but it is definitely stuck on. How have others managed to get it off? ive used quite a bit of force but dont want to go to hard on it and damage anything. Is there an easy way of doing this?

Thanks

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Ahhh :/ Didnt think i want to go to that extent as i would like to put it back on for when i sell the car later on. Ill have to see if a garage can get it removed for me with a tool or something. Dont know how renaults are put together and fall apart easy apart from the frigging rear wiper.

Put the nut back on the wiper arm.

Hold a spanner so its over the end or the wiper arm and the nut holding it on.

Undo the nut with another spanner, as you undo the nut it will pull the wiper arm off the spindle.

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
Put the nut back on the wiper arm. Hold a spanner so its over the end or the wiper arm and the nut holding it on. Undo the nut with another spanner, as you undo the nut it will pull the wiper arm off the spindle.

​This is how i got mine off as it wouldn't budge either.

172 cup
Put the nut back on the wiper arm.

Hold a spanner so its over the end or the wiper arm and the nut holding it on.

Undo the nut with another spanner, as you undo the nut it will pull the wiper arm off the spindle.

I did this as well, although took a few attempts from different angles/sides to get it off.

If a normal de-wiper tool wont do it, get the gear puller tool that's meant to get the 5th gear out of a clio gearbox.

That's what I ended up using to get mine off, even that struggled!

Was stupidly stuck on.

just removed mine, did the 13mm/17mm spanner trick for a while, then the nut just span off are pulling at the wiper - THE ARM WAS SCREWED ON! I literally tried to turn the wiper and it just unscrewed off the spindle!
​Now...for removing the spindle and motor!

Edit: I didnt use any WD-40 or whatever either. To check to see if it'll unscrew first!

I had the same problem. Literally wouldnt budge. Took a hammer to it and screw drivers.

Ended up buying a specially wiper removing tool. Even then it was bloody tough but it came off eventually. The threads were glued on.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Hey guys I tried to do this today doing the 13/17mm spanner trick, it unscrews the nut but my arm just won't budge, without chopper the bugger off is there anything else I can try?:(

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Yeah I think it really is! I'm going to order a tool next week off the bay, but I've left it with wd40 on over night will go back to it after work tomorrow to try again :)

I thought it was you who was messaging me about buying it haha! Someone else saw my post and jumped on the bank wagon ;)

I had a look for it last night and have no bloody idea where it's gone unfortunately.

172 Cup
I may be being stupid but I can't get my head around the spanner method! Any one got any pictures haha?

PH2 RS172
the insert on the wiper arm was fused to the spindle on mine bigtime. i broke the wiper of with mole grips and it was still stuck on. then i undid the motor and pulled it out with the insert still connected. then viced it and bashed it off but the motor spindle was fubar'd. dewipered now ;-)