ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recaro sportster cs

just my work van atm
has anyone got these fitted in their car? also how much lower than standard do you sit? as im torn between these and the sport trendlines. need some help guys cause i need to start saving lol

just my work van atm
they lok the sex but a bit more costly, any ideas if you sit as low in them as you do wiv the trendlines?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Some foreign dud has fitted them, need to have a good search tho.

I think they sit a bit lower than the trendlines but still complaints about being a little too high.

just my work van atm
ah fair enuf will ahev to look into properly when i get closer to have the cash for them :) need bout £3000 to get what i want done

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they aren't cheap.

Evo trendlines are a cheap option.

just my work van atm
what as in the seats out of an EVO? would they fit? what would i have to do about subframes

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just clio/recaro subframes.

Yeah they come up on ebay regular, they are mostly cloth tho no leather.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Waste of cash. They look nice, but don't sit you low enough, and aren't supportive. The Recaro's re-use the renault subframe, so they'll never be low enough.

just my work van atm
fair enough but i would want to be lower than standard but i dont want fixed back seats in case i wanna get people in the back

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
fair enough but i would want to be lower than standard but i dont want fixed back seats in case i wanna get people in the back
Plenty of better options. Momo, Cobra all do reclining seats.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cobra daytonas are popular but think they might be all cloth aswell.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Cobra Misano
misano.black.silver.jpg

just my work van atm
sweet cheers for the help mate much appriciated new to the clio side of modding more used to citroen lol

RB 182 with CUP packs
The Cobras look great, just not keen on the stitched logo on them.
I think they'd be nicer without it tbh.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sorry to hijack the thread.
Why is it not a good idea to run harnesses without a cage, Brown Bear?
Topic's come up a lot recently. Basically, with normal belts you can still move forwards etc, so if you roll the car you can get pushed forwards, and the roof won't crush your spine. Hopefully!
With fixed buckets and harnesses, your neck/spine could basically get crushed in a roll. It's why (Iirc) manufacturers don't fit buckets and harnesses without a cage (gt3rs etc).