ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro trendline lowered frames and runners

Hi,

new to the forum,

I have a set of recaro trendlines with Clio runners and frames, I’m looking to swap the frames and runners for a set to fit a Megane 225 if anyone knows of any anywhere?

thanks

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm very happy with mine, but they're very expensive for a not massively supportive seat. A lot more supportive than the standard armchairs mind, and it's your best option for keeping the car looking OEM.
Still see them pop up on the facebook groups occasionally, usually around the £1000 mark.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That's the issue. Paying a grand for a pair of seats that are brand new is one thing. Paying that for potentially 18-years worth or so of arses, farts, drinks and other crap to be on them, is something entirely different.

I'd like them. But not that much.

Clio 182 Sport
As a middle aged fat bloke, who not had a Renault since his Gordini Turbo in the 90's, I've been looking at seats. There's no way I would pay anything like the sums being asked for those old Recaro though! I've been looking at the competition from the likes of Cobra instead and there are some very similar seats for a lot less money. I appreciate they won't come with Recaro bragging rights but they're still nice seats.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
As a middle aged fat bloke, who not had a Renault since his Gordini Turbo in the 90's, I've been looking at seats. There's no way I would pay anything like the sums being asked for those old Recaro though! I've been looking at the competition from the likes of Cobra instead and there are some very similar seats for a lot less money. I appreciate they won't come with Recaro bragging rights but they're still nice seats.
Maybe not, but many many people do! Having owned both trendlines and pole positions I can confirm the quality is waaayyy ahead of the competition.

Clio 182 Sport
Absolutely and I wasn't trying to suggest that they don't but seat choice can be a pretty personal thing as we all differ in size, weight and have our own preferences. I tried Pole Position in my M3 but found them too narrow on the shoulder. I've been looking at Corbeau recliners for the Clio. Another consideration is that some of the used seats we buy have been around for 15 - 20 years now and the fatigue on the frames can be considerable. I would urge anyone buying used to inspect their potential purchases carefully as seats have to absorb some huge forces in the event of an accident.