ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recomended polish for red paint

182 has now gone!
Evening all,

My boyfriends mum has a red 4x4 which has gone slightly pink in places but bodywork/paintwork is all in good condition. She cant really wash it herself due to back problems (and his dad never cleans his car!) but she does wash it as oftern as she can but hasnt polished it for years. She always says how nice my car looks so I thought I would do hers tommorow for her as a surprise as they are back on sunday. I am going to wash and clay but was wondering if anyone could recomend a good polish to use afterwards (bearing in mind I will have to get this from Halfords tommorow)?? was thinking of autoglym super resin and follow with a coat of carnuba wax??

Thanks x

Chocolate Bar™
super resin or something similar is a good bet.

i used to use turtle wax red polish/wax on my brothers red punto and it used to come up a treat and got rid of the pinkiness off the bonnet. any good polish / wax combination should see good results though.

182 has now gone!
Middo said:
super resin or something similar is a good bet.

i used to use turtle wax red polish/wax on my brothers red punto and it used to come up a treat and got rid of the pinkiness off the bonnet. any good polish / wax combination should see good results though.

Thank you.. Might get somemore super resin polish, then I can use that on my car!!!!

106 GTi
The best product out there for removing pink oxidised paint on single stage Red is Carlack68 or Klasse AIO ( same product really ) both cut through it with there chemical cleaners a treat. Of the shelf the Super Resin will be the next best thing. Put a good sealant on top that lasts to prevent it happening again to quickly,

172 mk2 Iceberg
if you going to use red polish must use rubber gloves..it stained my hands for many days...
but good results on red faded paint
looked like a chainsaw massacre !!