ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me Daily and track Tyres?

Im looking for 2 sets of tyres, One set for daily everday use and then a track tyre set.

For daily tyres was looking at toyo Proxes 4, Toyo T1R or Michelin PE2?

Track tyres guess would be Toyo R888 or Yoko A048.

Think the size id be going for after asking would be 195/50/15, would that be best?

Appreciate comments and suggestions, probably get them from camskill.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Buy hankook's for the daily option.... Superb tyre for the money.

And yes, 195/50/15 is what I use.

Another vote for rainsport 2's... I only have them on the front axle of mine atm but the grip is superb in my opinion (I'm not used to much though)

182 FF
Another vote for rainsport 2's... I only have them on the front axle of mine atm but the grip is superb in my opinion (I'm not used to much though)

They do go off very quick on track when it gets warm, but in the wet or on a cold day they are superb

Are these all around the same price? Was looking at Toyo, both type as they are only 35 quid for one which isnt too bad.

Are these all around the same price? Was looking at Toyo, both type as they are only 35 quid for one which isnt too bad.

The Toyo T1-R, Hankook V12 Evo and Uniroyal Rainsport are all around the same price and seem to be the post popular mid price tyres on here

Stripped yozza'd cup
The Toyo T1-R, Hankook V12 Evo and Uniroyal Rainsport are all around the same price and seem to be the post popular mid price tyres on here

I'd say the uniroyal and the hankooks are pretty similar... Couldn't comment on the UR overheating thing as I only used them over winter, but I'm yet to overheat my hankook's, even on a very spirited drive in very hot weather. I'm taking them on track next week so I'll see how they fair round Bedford.

I haven't used t1r's on a Clio, but they're great my mates CTR.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
They would just wear away too fast i think if used everyday, and in the wet would probably get nowhere, lol. Plus got daily wheels and a set of track wheels so need to seperate sets.

They are fine in the wet as long as they are not almost bald.

Cheaper, easier and less hassle to run one set of tyres I reckon. Its not like R888's are super expensive in 195/50-15s either

If my Clio was my only car and I had 2 sets of wheels. I would run R888's for most of the year and then some proper winter tyres from november to feb. They work so so well in snow and icy conditions.

Last edited: