ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

REDLINE Magazine

It is out yeh, bought it this morning, the clio in it looks quite nice, latest shape 1.5 dci with carzone bodykit on it.

There is also a clio featured in this months fast car too. :D

Fast Cars is Daves (doesnt post much now, sadly).. Also Marcus (16v Clio) is in there.

The Red dCi is "the daddy"s..

Have you not noticed, the clio in redline magazine is a 1.5dci but the tit of a driver has a 2.0 16v badge on it. WHY????? You are giving these clio 172 boys a bad name. A lot of boy racers out there are probably telling there mates that he whipped a clio 172. A 1.5 diesel is not even the equivelant of a 1.2 petrol, so i would guess that this car is being beaten 99% of the time. Why didnt he just buy a proper 2.0 172 instead??? Take the 2.0 badge off and stick the tweeny 1.5dci badge back on. You have a nice looking car, but its not in the 172s league so stop pretending it is

Yeah, its pretty naff to do that. I thought long and hard about it and put a ZS180 badge on the back of my Williams. ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 17 May 2003

Are you trying to wind me up???
Erm.......yes :p

I dont approve of sticking a 172 badge on a DCi or a Williams badge on an RT or even a ZR180 badge on a Williams! Still, each to there own, beauty in the eye of the beholder, no accounting for taste etc. etc.

megane

does it really matter and dont call him a tit its wat he like so fukin leave it like that ppl like u who make ppl stop doin wat they wana do ARSE

andy

Clio Gtt

what is it with everyone arguing all the time, jus chill,
however it is a bit silly badging up but theres no need to call him a tit mate.

A tit look i think its jumped up idiotd like yourself that give you 172 drivers a bad name, at no point have i ever claimed my car is a 172, anyone with a pair of eyes and tell that straight off, no rear discs, smaller front discs, no flared front arches, interior........need i go on to prove my point?

My DCI has been tuned up and has raced against VTR and has beaten a few of them off the lights, i know a VTR aint exactly fast but for a 1.5 DCI its pretty quick, off which i would be more than happy to prove in front of you all.......

As for the silver badges, well anyone with abit of styling sense obviously Mitchy you have none, you would realise that with chrome wheels and a fully colour coded RED car the black DCI badges with a blue i dont exactly go, the badges are on there for styling only.

As for classing me as a boy racer, its not me that feels he has to boost his ego with a 172 when i can get along, one with cheaper insurance, tax, running costs, fuel comsumption and still look a million times better than you......now who is the tit?

ave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alrite stefan, i think it looks very well mate. theres no need for some of the sl*ggin matchs on the forums, you just get some peeps who flip over sod all. leave them to it bud, there in the own little world.

col;)

A SHED!

Alright daddy, ya car looked mint mate. Dont worry bout it. Did they have any pics of the aintree cruise in there?

I hate the pathetic idiots who have nothing better to do a stick there heads up there own arses! Thanks your opinions people, i like to here poeples comments as long as they are nice or constructive critisism. No pics of Aintree yet, i think they will be out in the next one, but i have a sneaky feeling they will be in the one after that instead.

still aint seen the mag, hope it looks cool.

i dont agree with the 2.0 badge either, i reckon you should get the badge smoothed into the side strip and sprayed...could look nice:)

too many people with too argumentative views. An opinion is a personal thing and cant be pushed onto others. If someone doesnt agree with an opinion then dont listen to it, easy as.

I know what you mean Daddy, I kinda desperately want a 172 but really cant afford one, well, not yet anyways. I think the 1.5DCi 80 is a fantastic car! 80bhp and loads of torque, believe me the 1.2 16V cant touch one!

Nice to see someone else modifying Clios to a good standard, well done.

Not sure what the biggy is with the silver 172 side bits, they look cool, which is why id get a pair. Though ill try and spray mine silver first so the superior 172 owners dont have a go! Even though a normal road user would need a damn good eye to see 2.0 16v on the side!

-Rob

Lionel Richie

Daddy, well done for getting in the mag!!! Nice car too (although im not keen on the 2.0 16V bagde, but you are right though it does look better than the black platisc one!!!)

Im not having "a go" nice car well done!!!

(could be lower though!!! LOL!!!)

BTW what did you do to your nose???

Audi S3 225

Who says that he races????? He might just cruise so everyone can see his car, so how is he giving the 172 a bad name??

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 17 May 2003

Have you not noticed, the clio in redline magazine is a 1.5dci but the tit of a driver has a 2.0 16v badge on it. WHY????? You are giving these clio 172 boys a bad name. A lot of boy racers out there are probably telling there mates that he whipped a clio 172. A 1.5 diesel is not even the equivelant of a 1.2 petrol, so i would guess that this car is being beaten 99% of the time. Why didnt he just buy a proper 2.0 172 instead??? Take the 2.0 badge off and stick the tweeny 1.5dci badge back on. You have a nice looking car, but its not in the 172s league so stop pretending it is

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Could someone scan the mag feature in? Cause it still aint out yet in N. Ireland

As someone said, the car is for cruising so people look, so no way would i give a 172 a bad name, plus how can i give one a bad name, is it me or are they all clios which basically look the same, and surely if mine has been featured in a mag so surely it has to be good, i would have thought it would have given everyone a good impression!

The car is up for sale now, im getting quite abit of interest actually one guy has offered 12k but he is calling me back tonight with his final answer oooooooo, but could be a prank you never know, one guy offered me a prositute, i said if he sends his mum up that should about cover it lol just before he decided to hang up...TIT! lol

172 M69 eater

daddy,

bought the magazine yday and had a good read through the article, i am not normally keen on the mark2;s i seem to prefer the mark 1s but somethin bout ur car i really like. It looks well cool!

dont listen to the ppl who post claimin u r ruinin the image of a 172, surely u r promoting clios by stickin em in mags?!

do u think anyone will moan if i stick williams wheels on my white 1.2? ;)

patty

all this stuff about people having "faster" cars, is bollox. who really gives if you can get up to 150mph or whatever, how often can you reach those sdort of speeds around here!! everybody has got to start somewhere we cant all afford 172s as a first car!

oh by the way smart car dude!

I BOUGHT THE MAG JUST TO CHECK YOU CAR OUT MATE, I THINK IT LOOKS SWEET.

BADGES ARE NOT IMPORTANT!! IGNORE THOSE FOOLS WHO SAY THEY ARE....... GREAT STYLING AND IF NOTHING ELSE I THINK YOU HAVE HELP TO IMPROVE THE IMAGE OF ALL CLIOS. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

I JUST WONDER HOW MANY CARS THOSE PEOPLE HAVE HAD FEATURED IN MAGS.