ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reinforcing parcel shelf

mk 2 1.2 16v
heya, new vibe qb6x9 speakers are on the way, needing some pointers and ideas for the best way to reinforce my parcel shelf?!

I've been told 15mm mdf is good, but pointers on ways of doing this would be great, ta :D

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
yer you can screw the mdf into the parcel shelf should be fine or just buy a stealth shelf and put the vibes in.

I fiberglassed the back of mine, with resin and glass matting, Then sprayed the underneath black.

Strong and probably much lighter than MDF.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Should be yer dont see why not my parcel shelf is quite thick so thats probs what i would do lol, but 6X9s arnt for me

15mm mdf won't be needed tbh 10mm will do. And i'd just make baffels to support the speakers. But if you feel the need you can make a compete under body to the parcel shelf.

mk 2 1.2 16v
great help ta, i like the idea of fibre glassing it.........i have no idea at all about doing that though...any good guides you know that could help me? same with mdf if there is one :D

Fiberglass you just lay the matting down in little squares and paint the resin over the top.

Can all be bought from halfords. Resin mixes with a little bit of hardener.

Once dry its rock hard, Then i cut out the holes with a jigsaw.