ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap?

Clio 197
As some of you know from my "new member" thread, I will be getting my Clio 197 on 1/8/08. The car is being supplied as a company car (I get an allowance and pay the difference).

I am already looking at some "stealth" mods that should not effect the lease but I am a little unsure about having a remap.

When the car goes in for a service or has any warranty issues I need to get sorted, will they be able to tell if it has had a remap or not?

RX8 231 ps (modified)
Rempas on these cars seem to add very little gains and cost 400 ish. Due to there being no turbo charger and the engines already being highly tunes the gains are approx 10 BHP, unless the 197 does have a turbo??

The only way they will be able to see if a re-mao has been done is if they look at the cars ECU. If they do, yess they will know you have had a remap.

197 are very worthy of a remap. top end gain is minimal, but mid-range torque is a big improvement. less than £200 for the fastchip RSTuner so well worth it!

And no, they wont know its been remapped unless they specifically look for mapping, which they wont in normal circumstances

RB 200 Cup!
As some of you know from my "new member" thread, I will be getting my Clio 197 on 1/8/08. The car is being supplied as a company car (I get an allowance and pay the difference).

I am already looking at some "stealth" mods that should not effect the lease but I am a little unsure about having a remap.

When the car goes in for a service or has any warranty issues I need to get sorted, will they be able to tell if it has had a remap or not?

fudging sweet you get a 197 as a company car!

182 Clio
I recently received an email from RS Tuning and can confirm that unless the mechanics are lloking for a remap, they will not notice it.

Clio 197
Thanks for the info everyone. I guess I will have to think about this a little more, I am just not sure whether it is worth the risk.