ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remapping in Scotland

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Anyone have any recommendations for reliable tuners in the central region?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Drive down to EFi mate.

Not anyone that could map these better up here IMO
I was hoping to find someone a lot closer but knew there wasn't much/any choice up here.

Michael at SWR said his mapper would be able to do the 200. Not sure who it is though.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I was hoping to find someone a lot closer but knew there wasn't much/any choice up here.

Michael at SWR said his mapper would be able to do the 200. Not sure who it is though.

Yeah I know that mapper also and am friends with him, He done my old Audi A3 TDi and he has just done a Porsche Cayenne for me.

Very good mapper and knows his stuff but if you want the best of the best for Renault Sports you can't and won't get better than EFi in my eyes.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I know that mapper also and am friends with him, He done my old Audi A3 TDi and he has just done a Porsche Cayenne for me.

Very good mapper and knows his stuff but if you want the best of the best for Renault Sports you can't and won't get better than EFi in my eyes.
VES in Braco?

EFI for sure, well worth the journey

Ecotune are w**k at anything "custom" and their dyno is proper ambitious.

Could try MAC in Dundee, Russ does their tuning and is where I'm having my E92 mapped

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Ecotune are w**k at anything "custom" and their dyno is proper ambitious.
Heres what they left me with, £450 later, for anyone wanting a laugh....
Map.jpg

Few points to note,
it was a 1.5 DCi 90, which make around book power so 107hp standard was no where near accurate, and the "120hp" after would actually be around 100hp
They managed to extract a whopping 10lb/ft of torque extra, except it was 500rpm later in the revs
The map as you can see, drives standard under 3000rpm, which ironically is after the usual point you would change gear in a small diesel anyway

as if that wasn't bad enough it was back 3x times to try and fix the torque curve, but after they tried it kept going into limp mode randomly, they broke various clips securing the ECU and airbox to the car, over all a complete s**t show.

A Bluefin from superchips at 2/3rds of the price added almost 50lb/ft, 250rpm lower in the revs (peak torque at 2200rpm as opposed to 3000rpm) a genuine 20hpgain, didn't go into limp mode and was night and day better to drive. Lesson learned!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I had various versions of tunes and they all had similar issues, worst thing was the car was the same pace of not slower with thr Hybrid on it vs stock turbo. Also didn't seem very interested in trying to make any gains once I sated several times that stock cars with basic maps had the same pace vs mine that supposedly had 50+ extra HP.

Tbf they did eventually give me my money back but I think that was more for me to stop slating them vs "customer service" but Scoff didn't have anything positive to say about it when I went down [emoji1787] Although had I stuck it back on their rollers it would of made 400 [emoji23]

Plenty cocksucker fanboys though to keep them going, Seen a few boosted BMWs with issue after issue that disappeared once they went for a "flash" tune like bootmod/mhd [emoji28]
ddaba945029a235d902ad666800e7621.jpg

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
SOS motorsport in Falkirk are a great bunch of guys, I didn’t have my 172 mapped there although I had planned to after hearing good reviews from other renault owners.
I ended up with a mapped ecu from EFi and got SOS to put it on the rollers afterwards incase the map needed any tweaks. However they said don’t bother touching it it was all good!