ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

remote desktop question

Elise/VX220/R26
Just setting this up at the moment. The host computer at the moment I dont have an administrator password set up on it. Do you have to set up a password in order to connect using the remote computer? On the laptop I'm using to connect to it its asking for a username/password

ta!

Clio 172mk2
use a username and password thats set up on that specific pc

try
Administrator

password: leave blank

if not just any persons account on that pc should do it

Rav4
add the local user to the administrator group then it should work. (not the correct way of doing it, but on a normal household this is the easiest way)

Elise/VX220/R26
yeah I think you have to have a username and password whichever way you do it. Wont allow you to leave password field blank. I've just added a password to the administrator account on the host pc and it works.

Remote desktop won't let you login if you have no password (by default anyway).. so you have to set at least something.

Clio 172mk2
i just presumed ms , where slack enough to let somet like that happen , i knew it works on most ppls pc`s when at em ,

Elise/VX220/R26
found out you can set the host pc to auto login to get round the problem. I have a tower with no monitor I want to run purely off remote desktop so I'll have to do that one with auto login

You don't need to login locally.
And, if it's XP, as soon as you remote desktop it'll log the local user off as it has a 1 session limit.